Roland DWX50 Price?

M

macminn

Reaction score
How do you set that up in Sum3d?

shane williams

shane williams

Reaction score
I measure tool life in linear units. After so many meters of cutting, the CAM tells mill to change tools. SUM3d does this automatically. No human alert system needed. I go home and sleep.

How do you set that up? And whats the factor that determines when the software tells you to change the burs? Is it a number you figured out or something you just know? Very interesting since I'm also using sum3d.

Labwa

Labwa

Reaction score
Where are Roland's made or assembled?

Glenn Kennedy

Glenn Kennedy

Reaction score
Roland DG (DG= Digital Group) builds the DWX in our state of the art factory in Hamamatsu Japan. The factory uses a method called "digital Yatai" and each machine is hand assembled by a single technician. You can see a video that details our award winning process on YouTube: Rolands Digital Factory in Yatai - YouTube

Roland has regional offices around the world. Roland DGA (Digital Group America) provides service and support for North America and Latin America from our Irvine CA facility.
A History of Innovation Worldwide - Roland DGA

NicelyMKV

NicelyMKV

Reaction score
So Glenn, no chance of me getting my hands on the computer guided schematics to build or disassemble the DWX50........ Is there??? :)))

And yes Scott, I could take it apart;)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Al.

Al.

Reaction score
Roland DG (DG= Digital Group) builds the DWX in our state of the art factory in Hamamatsu Japan. The factory uses a method called "digital Yatai" and each machine is hand assembled by a single technician. You can see a video that details our award winning process on YouTube: Rolands Digital Factory in Yatai - YouTube

Roland has regional offices around the world. Roland DGA (Digital Group America) provides service and support for North America and Latin America from our Irvine CA facility.
A History of Innovation Worldwide - Roland DGA
Glenn where are you located? The Irvine Ca facility?

Glenn Kennedy

Glenn Kennedy

Reaction score
Yes Al, I work for the Roland DGA office which is based in Irvine, CA.

Glenn Kennedy

Glenn Kennedy

Reaction score
So Glenn, no chance of me getting my hands on the computer guided schematics to build or disassemble the DWX50........ Is there??? :)))

And yes Scott, I could take it apart;)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

LOL, no they won't let any of those files out of the company. All of the machines are designed and engineered in SolidWorks CAD. This lets them test virtual prototypes for optimum strength, material use, ease of assembly etc. before they make the first physical prototype. Once the design is finalized the 3D CAD files are used to generate the assembly instructions for the factory floor. It is really cool to see the whole process from start to finish.

C

chromecobalt

Reaction score
How to get these machines to attach sprue to the copings? Dont the STL files need some sort of data pack? Im confused

Glenn Kennedy

Glenn Kennedy

Reaction score
How to get these machines to attach sprue to the copings? Dont the STL files need some sort of data pack? Im confused

Sprues are added in the CAM software.

The basic workflow is: dental model> 3D scan>Design in CAD software> Export .STL> Populate puck, sprue, generate toolpaths in CAM software>output to milling machine

You can learn more about dental CAD/CAM in our free PDF download: Dental Tech Brief

Last edited:
A

AlterEgo

Reaction score
Question

If you're buying just the machine without CAM software, then it'll run you around $30,000. We got ours from Sagemax in Seattle WA. We needed software so it was an extra $6,000, plus we got a suction unit. We have had it since Jan and haven't had any problems. I've left the spindel setting the same since instalation and I get FCZ mills around 20 min. Wax in about 8-10 min. We get all our Zr through Sagemax, at a very competable price; based on our volume. If you're looking for burs too then check out Zro2.net. They sell some really great burs. Get around 130-160 mills per bur. Our last burs we used where through Sagemax and they told us they get around 25-30 mills before they need changing. Now I'm getting 4-5 times the usage without chipping for the same price bur.

Hello Shane, my name is Dennis, and I recently bought a brand new DWX-50, but I don't have any CAM software for it. I heard that both sum3d and dentMill (by Delcam) are good, but they are a little pricey for me at the moment. Can you please give me a hint on where did you get yours for 6000$? my email is [email protected] Thanks!

DMC

DMC

Banned
Reaction score
You are in the US?

Either CAP, in MA or myself could sell you the CAM.

$6000 is a bargin for 5-axis Dental CAM. It's not going to get any cheaper this decade.

I don't think I could even match that price. We'd have to charge you a bit more for an open version of sum3d 5-axis, plus training.

A

AlterEgo

Reaction score
Hey Joe,

Yep, I am in New York area (Brooklyn if to be precise). Can you give a call at 347-210-5953 so we can discuss it in more detailed manner? Thanks

shane williams

shane williams

Reaction score
Yeah it was a package deal when we bought the mill through Sagemax. It was over a year ago, but if I'm wrong I apoligize. I believe that it cost us $6000. Sagemax is a sponser on this sight, you can give them your info and they can help you. The people there are really great.

DMC

DMC

Banned
Reaction score
Hey Joe,

Yep, I am in New York area (Brooklyn if to be precise). Can you give a call at 347-210-5953 so we can discuss it in more detailed manner? Thanks

Who is Joe? Me?

I am Scott, but you can call me Joe if you want?

harmonylab

harmonylab

Reaction score
If you're buying just the machine without CAM software, then it'll run you around $30,000. We got ours from Sagemax in Seattle WA. We needed software so it was an extra $6,000, plus we got a suction unit. We have had it since Jan and haven't had any problems. I've left the spindel setting the same since instalation and I get FCZ mills around 20 min. Wax in about 8-10 min. We get all our Zr through Sagemax, at a very competable price; based on our volume. If you're looking for burs too then check out Zro2.net. They sell some really great burs. Get around 130-160 mills per bur. Our last burs we used where through Sagemax and they told us they get around 25-30 mills before they need changing. Now I'm getting 4-5 times the usage without chipping for the same price bur.

how many minutes is that per burr?

Top Bottom