Roland DWX 30

C

CHIVEINLAB

Reaction score
DWX-50(5X) will work with 3shape scanner, but I don't know it is in US or not ( last time that I see the DWX-50 is in Chicago, after that I have no chance to see it or hear that somebody has it in us......maybe I'm behind )

Slipstream

Slipstream

Reaction score
What will it cost to mill myself

Screen shot attached of coping cost calculator - still cannot make it small enough to upload here:mad:

You can change any of the blue data and the sheet updates the cost per coping - 100 a day and you are saving some real money - do 2 a day and they get pricey

OK - Hosted here
coping cost calculator.xls
calc.jpg

Last edited:
C

Chris

Reaction score
I tested the Dwx 30 with our open I Cam and it works very good . The DWX 50 would be a great machine . With the tool changer, Full contour crowns were really nice. Using .7 tool . Chris

R

raduh

Reaction score
scanner

I appreciate you trying to help , that's why I am asking all these questions and every suggestion is welcome. The plan is to begin with a scanner , 3 shape most likely , and in the time to come I am looking to invest in a milling machine . I am plannig on starting a milling centre because the in island of Crete where my lab is located , no milling centre exists , and I believe it would be a profitable way to expand my business . But it is a not so long term , but still not an immediate plan . Time will show . Thanks ,every opinion is valued and apreciated .

P.S. Do you have any suggestions about the scanner? I am thinking of the 3 shape d700/710 . I would like the brand new d 800/810 ,but it is rather expensive , about 30.000 euros .

DentalWings scanner is very good and is not so expensiv , around 13500 euro + Vat.
Home - Dental Wings
YouTube - ‪DWOS (dental-wings) coping‬‏

graeme

graeme

Reaction score
We have had the DWX-50 in our lab for about 6 weeks now and put over 1000 units through, predominantly using either 12mm or 14 mm blanks but also about 30 PMMA units.
Just had it's first tool change so we're happy with that. It's revolutionised our lab, the fits are brilliant and we save hours in the metal finishing stage.
There are currently 4 units running in the UK only issue we have is availability of the consumables, have had to source alternative suppliers for cutting tools and blanks. Roland say the machine working life is about 15 years but expect it to go on for much longer and at 21k I certainly hope so.

BobCDT

BobCDT

Reaction score
I was checking our Roland a couple of months ago. The DWX 30 has no toll changer. It must be done manually. If you are not milling now you should understand that to complete a single coping you will use 2 differemt tolls (minimum). So, to mill a restoration you will need to be there to manually change tools. If you want to pay less for copings this is probably not the way to go. Rediculos work flow.
The DWX 50 has an automated the tool changer. Definitely worth the extra bucks.
B

Top Bottom