Retrieving E.max hybrid solutions screw retained crown...

queenp

queenp

Reaction score
I have a case I need to delaminate, it's e.max on a ti base, the Dr. used 3M Relyx luring cement. Someone told me recently temps as low as 200 C will delaminate. Any input? At 400-500C I have had random fractures, and would like to minimize that possibility.

doug

doug

Reaction score
I put them on soft sager and leave them sitting one the firing tray in an open (Table down) furnace for a while. If there's not a rush, and there shouldn't be, you can raise the table a little over time and everything will be fine. My low temp for my furnace is 400c

Sevan P

Sevan P

Reaction score
Just did a screw retained Zr crown yesterday. Had my glaze tech set it on a tray at 700f then close the door of the oven and just let it heat soak at the idle temp for a few min then it came off with some playing around with. Relyx should come off easily on the other hand multilink implant from ivoclar is some good stuff. I have had a ceramists fire a cemented SR crown and I couldn't get the base off, had to heat soak it a few times just to break it loose. Also remove the screw before doing anything, you don't want it to fuse to the Ti base.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk