Restorations Du Jour

D

DeVreugd

Reaction score
ai46.photobucket.com_albums_f116_CDLAB_rvb12.jpg
ai46.photobucket.com_albums_f116_CDLAB_rvb13.jpg

First atempted try in. Flunked.
Surface is like sandpaper.
We were torn between closing the space and having the veneer look too wide or leaving a space so I only closed the space partially. That didnt work.
Incisal is off.

ai46.photobucket.com_albums_f116_CDLAB_rvb14.jpg

Came back land I closed the space and after the glaze I rubber wheeled the surface with a pink wheel. It leaves it smooth but not a high shine more matte.

B1 Lt the center (only) of the veneer is at its thinnest .3 at its thickest it is .4.
I stained the cervical with B1 empress stain then layered B1 dentin over with just enough to keep the stain off the surface.
I missed the blue on the M & D I edges.
ai46.photobucket.com_albums_f116_CDLAB_rvb15.jpg

Considering the thickness and looking at it from a social distance, I will bet it blends right in ! Nice job Al !!
ai46.photobucket.com_albums_f116_CDLAB_rvb12.jpg ai46.photobucket.com_albums_f116_CDLAB_rvb13.jpg ai46.photobucket.com_albums_f116_CDLAB_rvb14.jpg ai46.photobucket.com_albums_f116_CDLAB_rvb15.jpg

amadent

amadent

http://amadent.net/Home.p
Reaction score
pink tissue ?

i have a 4 unit max anterior teeth 7-10
case is stained, glazed, polished and now doc decides he would like pink tissue done
can i do this in composite or do i have to refire case with ceramic

Greg Amendola MDT

R

Rick Sonntag

Reaction score
GC America: GRADIA GUM

Gradia Gum works wonderfully in this situation, just be sure the case doesn't have to go back into the furnace.

Rick

R

Rick Sonntag

Reaction score
There's always GC Low Fusing gum shade porcelain as well. It only comes in one shade but you can customize by adding LF B1 dentin, clear fluo, opal white, etc. It fires at 770ºC so you generally don't have to worry about over-firing existing porcelain. It comes in very handy if you do press-over in the anterior; the press-over areas can't move or shrink at that temperature so all you have to be concerned with is the tissue area itself. It makes for a very efficient and simple way to do porcelain tissue cases.

Rick

Al.

Al.

Reaction score
These two went out Mon.

Posteriors pfm, anteriors emax, 4 crns on implants.

Pressed in BL3 linguals full contour.
Gin. 1/4 is layered with B1, proximals B3, Bl3 rest.

ai46.photobucket.com_albums_f116_CDLAB_npa1.jpg
ai46.photobucket.com_albums_f116_CDLAB_npa2.jpg
ai46.photobucket.com_albums_f116_CDLAB_npa3.jpg
ai46.photobucket.com_albums_f116_CDLAB_npa4.jpg

Emax 3/4 and full crns.
A1 LT
ai46.photobucket.com_albums_f116_CDLAB_npa5.jpg
ai46.photobucket.com_albums_f116_CDLAB_npa5a.jpg
ai46.photobucket.com_albums_f116_CDLAB_npa6.jpg
ai46.photobucket.com_albums_f116_CDLAB_npa7.jpg
ai46.photobucket.com_albums_f116_CDLAB_npa8.jpg
ai46.photobucket.com_albums_f116_CDLAB_npa9.jpg
ai46.photobucket.com_albums_f116_CDLAB_npa10.jpg
ai46.photobucket.com_albums_f116_CDLAB_npa11.jpg
ai46.photobucket.com_albums_f116_CDLAB_npa1.jpg ai46.photobucket.com_albums_f116_CDLAB_npa2.jpg ai46.photobucket.com_albums_f116_CDLAB_npa3.jpg ai46.photobucket.com_albums_f116_CDLAB_npa4.jpg ai46.photobucket.com_albums_f116_CDLAB_npa5.jpg ai46.photobucket.com_albums_f116_CDLAB_npa5a.jpg ai46.photobucket.com_albums_f116_CDLAB_npa6.jpg ai46.photobucket.com_albums_f116_CDLAB_npa7.jpg ai46.photobucket.com_albums_f116_CDLAB_npa8.jpg ai46.photobucket.com_albums_f116_CDLAB_npa9.jpg ai46.photobucket.com_albums_f116_CDLAB_npa10.jpg ai46.photobucket.com_albums_f116_CDLAB_npa11.jpg

Alistar

Alistar

Reaction score
How do you get the white internal developments? Is that the BL3 or internal staining? What type of incisals and OE powders did you use? Any pics of your cut-back?

The pfm's blend well with the e.max.

Nice result considering it's hunting season;)

P

paulg100

Reaction score
Nice work as always

This is what i couldnt do with the internal stain technique:

aimg684.imageshack.us_img684_8416_img0005sb.jpg

Nice subtle floaty internal effects. Starting to get the hang of it now.

Wetting the first build with stain liquid then applying the mamelon powder seems to be the trick. The moisture disperses the effects and feathers the edges.

Oh and this is white Zirconia frame. Who the hell ever said zirconia is opaque looking or that you need to pre colour the frame :)

Last edited:
Al.

Al.

Reaction score
How do you get the white internal developments? Is that the BL3 or internal staining? What type of incisals and OE powders did you use? Any pics of your cut-back?

The pfm's blend well with the e.max.

Nice result considering it's hunting season;)

That upper was really a simple build.
I really dont have time to make elaborate detailed builds. It has to be productive.

B1 gin, B3 proximal then Bl3 with normal cut back for incisal.
I added 3 or 4 small beads of neutral on the dentin first on the front 4 only similating mamelons. Then I added BL or Bleach Incisal like normal.

I contoured everything ready for glaze. The incisal and neutral looked fake and generic. So I cut back the facial .2 not touching the edges. Just like scooped it out a bit. Because I do not want to have to recontour.

Only on the front 4 and the M of the cuspids.

Then I stained with empress stains. Some vanilla, white mabey a very tiny bit of blue. A little blue goes a loooong way.

Set the stain then layered what I scooped out with TI1.

Al.

Al.

Reaction score
Nice work as always

Wetting the first build with stain liquid then applying the mamelon powder seems to be the trick. The moisture disperses the effects and feathers the edges.

Oh and this is white Zirconia frame. Who the hell ever said zirconia is opaque looking or that you need to pre colour the frame :)

Yeah doing it strickly by the book like you told me dosent really work for me either. Too much stain blocks light. It is really reflective.
And that techiquie is time consuming.
Ive been building in some simple trans effects, fully contouring and cutting back
.1 or 2, leaving the window frame, stain then layering.

I figure it costs me and extra 10 to 15 min per unit of working time, not firing time. Cut back, stain, then readd incisal. But it is still quicker (for me)than OBs techinique.

I think for me it comes out much better and productive building in simple trans incisal effects then enhancing them with less stain.

Drs paying a higher price for anteriors expect some sutble incisal effects and often ask for it on the script.
But it still has to be done productively or Im better off doing fast production, work cant make love to these crowns, have to move them.

Last edited:
2thm8kr

2thm8kr

Beanosavedmysociallife
Reaction score
Hey Al.,

What are you glazing e.max with?

D

DeVreugd

Reaction score
Nice work as always

Great look Paul !! How many bakes?

Russ

Shaun Keating

Shaun Keating

Reaction score
These two went out Mon.

Posteriors pfm, anteriors emax, 4 crns on implants.

Pressed in BL3 linguals full contour.
Gin. 1/4 is layered with B1, proximals B3, Bl3 rest.

ai46.photobucket.com_albums_f116_CDLAB_npa1.jpg
ai46.photobucket.com_albums_f116_CDLAB_npa2.jpg
ai46.photobucket.com_albums_f116_CDLAB_npa3.jpg
ai46.photobucket.com_albums_f116_CDLAB_npa4.jpg

Emax 3/4 and full crns.
A1 LT
ai46.photobucket.com_albums_f116_CDLAB_npa5.jpg
ai46.photobucket.com_albums_f116_CDLAB_npa5a.jpg
ai46.photobucket.com_albums_f116_CDLAB_npa6.jpg
ai46.photobucket.com_albums_f116_CDLAB_npa7.jpg
ai46.photobucket.com_albums_f116_CDLAB_npa8.jpg
ai46.photobucket.com_albums_f116_CDLAB_npa9.jpg
ai46.photobucket.com_albums_f116_CDLAB_npa10.jpg
ai46.photobucket.com_albums_f116_CDLAB_npa11.jpg

Big Al on the farm in Kentucky....you are the man! I've always loved your work dude....and we know your dentist's and pt's do also:)
ai46.photobucket.com_albums_f116_CDLAB_npa1.jpg ai46.photobucket.com_albums_f116_CDLAB_npa2.jpg ai46.photobucket.com_albums_f116_CDLAB_npa3.jpg ai46.photobucket.com_albums_f116_CDLAB_npa4.jpg ai46.photobucket.com_albums_f116_CDLAB_npa5.jpg ai46.photobucket.com_albums_f116_CDLAB_npa5a.jpg ai46.photobucket.com_albums_f116_CDLAB_npa6.jpg ai46.photobucket.com_albums_f116_CDLAB_npa7.jpg ai46.photobucket.com_albums_f116_CDLAB_npa8.jpg ai46.photobucket.com_albums_f116_CDLAB_npa9.jpg ai46.photobucket.com_albums_f116_CDLAB_npa10.jpg ai46.photobucket.com_albums_f116_CDLAB_npa11.jpg

P

paulg100

Reaction score
"Great look Paul !! How many bakes?"

Firings:

1. Zirliner
2. Moisten frame and sprinkle
3. Stain
4. 1st Dentine Build + Internal effects.
5. Stain layer (Maybe)
6. Enamel Build
7. Glaze

so 2 ceramic bakes.

Rest is prep-work. Yes its more steps but this produces vital looking zircona and knife edge margins with no show through on white copings.

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
Beautiful work Al

Did you use mamelon light(mm light) or BL3 for the mamelons? Is there much difference?

Alistar

Alistar

Reaction score
"Great look Paul !! How many bakes?"

Firings:

1. Zirliner
2. Moisten frame and sprinkle
3. Stain
4. 1st Dentine Build + Internal effects.
5. Stain layer (Maybe)
6. Enamel Build
7. Glaze

so 2 ceramic bakes.

Rest is prep-work. Yes its more steps but this produces vital looking zircona and knife edge margins with no show through on white copings.

Paul, great result.

What is the "moisten and sprinkle"? Deep Dentin or shoulder porc?

What are you staining with in the 3rd step? E.max or empress stains? Or something else?

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
I usually sprinkle after the zirliner...to much coffee and a weak bladder :)

R

robcat

Reaction score
Al,

I've seen a few of your case presentations now, and I've gotta say...your work is stunning. Your lower anteriors are hands down the nicest I've ever seen. If you don't mind me asking, what kind of training have you had?

P

paulg100

Reaction score
"What is the "moisten and sprinkle"? Deep Dentin or shoulder porc?"

Deep Dentine for ZR, regular dentine for emax.

"What are you staining with in the 3rd step? E.max or empress stains? Or something else? "

Yep Empress. Use this stain on everything now, ZR, LS2, Metal, everything.

Last edited: