Reputation rules.

EJADA

EJADA

Reaction score
Travis. Is there a thread or FAQ that explains how the reputation works? Mainly the point part and how many points are needed to gain additional reputation. Mainly just curious. I have just never really understood the rules for this.

Travis

Travis

Nothing to see here
Staff member
Reaction score
Here is what the faq says about it.

What is reputation?
Reputation is a way of rating users depending on the quality of their posts. If the administrators have enabled reputation, then the reputation icon will be visible in posts.
Reputation may be positive
reputation_pos.png
, negative
reputation_neg.png
or neutral
reputation_balance.png
. Negative reputation may only be given if the administrator has enabled this. Neutral reputation is only given when the person giving reputation does not meet the criteria set by the administrator to affect someone else's reputation.
How do I give reputation?
To give reputation, click on the reputation icon in the relevant post. This will reveal a form to complete with the reputation type and the reason for giving the reputation. If negative reputation is disabled then it will not be displayed in this form. You may not give reputation for the same post twice.
How do I know what reputation I have received?
You can view the reputation that you have received in your User CP (User Control Panel) where it is displayed at the bottom of the User CP page. Here you will see the latest reputation that you have received and whether this is positive, negative or neutral. Your total reputation will be shown as series of reputation indicators in your posts and profile. The more positive your reputation, the more positive icons will be shown. The more negative your reputation the more negative icons will be shown.
How much reputation is given? What is reputation power?
If the administrator has enabled this, the amount of reputation that each user will give (or take away if negative) is shown in the user's posts as 'Reputation Power'. The value of the reputation power is determined by the administrator and may increase over time depending on the settings they have applied.
What if I don't want anyone to see my reputation?
You can disable the display of your reputation by going to your User CP and selecting Edit Options. On this page you will find a check box labelled 'Show Your Reputation Level'. Un-checking this box will remove the display of your reputation and replace it with the Reputation Disabled icon. You can still give and receive reputation while your reputation display is disabled.

Travis

Travis

Nothing to see here
Staff member
Reaction score
I never spent the time setting it up or even seeing if it works right.

Do you see a star under the avatar add to this users reputation?

stt672

stt672

Reaction score
Travis. Is there a thread or FAQ that explains how the reputation works? Mainly the point part and how many points are needed to gain additional reputation. Mainly just curious. I have just never really understood the rules for this.

Hey EJADA, I'll back you up, I think you have a great reputation. :)

EJADA

EJADA

Reaction score
Thanks. I've been told I'm a character before when I needed a character reference.

G

grantoz

Reaction score
Hi guys ive been away on vacation for a week I have come back I now have lost all my likes given and received and my rep rating whats happened.I feel ive been dumped is it something I said have are you seeing someone else?

Tayebdental

Tayebdental

Tayeb S. CDT
Donator
Reaction score
How do you earn the recent sponsor post?, i can not see my avatar in there, and i had many likes what happen, they'r just striped and degased!! Or are they comimng back?. Too many questions!