Removable soft tissue

Pronto

Pronto

Reaction score
I'm looking for some better techniques for making neat looking removeble soft tissue for implants. I use GC Mask and like it but I never seem to get a nice looking tissue that is easily removed and replaced. I do cut it back while it's setting to shape it square. The cervical side is always bumpy though and it's a pain to try to cut it flat after it's set. I lube the impression with the analog in and then apply the Mask with the small tip, ringing around the implant. I was thinking maybe taking some boxing wax and pushing down over the analog to flatten the Mask out while it sets then trim it afterwards.
Thanks
MikeM

JohnWilson

JohnWilson

Reaction score
Before the material is set and its in the impression use a flat spatula that will fit in the liquid separator bottle. Dip the blade of the spatula in the separator so its wet and shape it while the material starts to harden. It takes some practice but it is exceedingly cleaner than taking the material out and cutting it it square prior to pouring the die stone.

Pronto

Pronto

Reaction score
That sounds like a good idea. The Mask is so sticky I didn't think the separator would work while it's in that state. I'll give it a try.