QUIZ: What is wrong with those crowns???

JKraver

JKraver

Reaction score
... Oh, this is not a joke. Your ceramist ran these up clocked out and never came back from lunch.

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
I think you nailed it wit rapid dry-out, and using modeling liquids that can be diluted to lesson tearing.
I'm so use to using programmed ovens I push start and walk away without having headaches like these crowns.

In my case, with using so many different porcelains and programs, and having a brain dead day, hit the wrong program and having the porc be all around he bottom of the firing tray
from being dried out to fast and run up to fast. Banghead

C

charles007

Reaction score
Lucky me has only melted 1 single unit emax in 8+ years pushing the wrong program...

R

robcat

Reaction score
I'd wager my lunch money that your ceramist grabbed the wrong porcelain. Sadly, I've seen it before, and it's easier than ever to do now that we have so many different types of substructures in the lab. The CTE difference between zirconia and standard pfm (9ish to 13ish) is just enough to blow off chunks like we see lying on your sagger tray. Again...I have berated my stupidity more than once after pulling a similar looking crown out of the oven.

Of course, most of my oven errors involve firing on the wrong program and transforming my lovely restorations into funky marbles.

H

howitsmade

Reaction score
The answer is: moisture problem. After changing liquid from dedicated to CC to universal liquid ML-H, I have to increase preheating time about 2 minutes. Problem occurred just after changing liquid to ML-H (on a first crown). Alloy, powders and even a hanky was the same.

CatamountRob

CatamountRob

Banned Member
Reaction score
The answer is: moisture problem. After changing liquid from dedicated to CC to universal liquid ML-H, I have to increase preheating time about 2 minutes. Problem occurred just after changing liquid to ML-H (on a first crown). Alloy, powders and even a hanky was the same.
Nice. I just use water.

ts4341

ts4341

Reaction score
This thread is BRUTAL!!!:)

wojtek121

wojtek121

Reaction score
This is obvious at the beginning every ceramist had a problem with the drying time and moisture control

N

NickB

Reaction score
Buccal margin is slightly shy. Only slightly....doc may not even notice.

Top Bottom