Quick Sinter Oven Question...

user name

user name

Reaction score
I had to start a sinter cycle this afternoon, and I need to get it glazed for morning delivery. If I just wait, its going to be a very late night. Its just a single crown, so when it gets cooled down a reasonable amount, would shutting off the power switch cause the door to open so I can get early access?

Its a Mihm Vogt HT Speed.

Joe

Joe

Reaction score
I think the way I made it open early is to stop the current program, which won't make the furnace open, and then run a super short program just to complete a cycle.

I also recall just button mashing and accidentally causing the door to start opening before I wanted it to. I think just by pressing a number button.

user name

user name

Reaction score
Im not willing to just start pushing buttons. Id rather wait and get out of here at midnight than screwing it up and restarting a cycle. Its so insulated that it wont cool nearly as quick as its programmed.

Joe

Joe

Reaction score
it should start opening to cool down. once it starts opening to cool down and gets to about 500 (?),you can stop the program and it will open the rest of the way and really speed things up if you want to.

zero_zero

zero_zero

Reaction score
I'm not familiar with Mihm, but other brands I saw, have a manual release access somewhere on their back...operable with a wrench

Zubler USA

Zubler USA

Reaction score
The "0" button moves the lift up and down. Whatever safety temperature you have set as the "max" open temp is the lowest temperature it will open at.

user name

user name

Reaction score
it should start opening to cool down. once it starts opening to cool down and gets to about 500 (?),you can stop the program and it will open the rest of the way and really speed things up if you want to.

The "0" button moves the lift up and down. Whatever safety temperature you have set as the "max" open temp is the lowest temperature it will open at.

Im not aware of what a 'max open temp setting' is. Ive just programmed heat up rate and temp, hold, and cool rate.
Its always stayed closed until its down to 300.

CatamountRob

CatamountRob

Banned Member
Reaction score
This is where having Scotty around would be helpful, he'd know an end run around any built in safety features.

user name

user name

Reaction score
Running it at night, no problem.

I have it set to cool at 30/minute. I just timed it. Averaging 4/minute. Grrr

user name

user name

Reaction score
Running it at night, no problem.

I have it set to cool at 30/minute. I just timed it. Averaging 4/minute. Grrr
You know there Mr. User name...maybe you should just do some other tasks and let the oven run its coarse. After all, youre not using the quartz speed tray; I believe you are using the clay bowl, right? It would be a shame if you pushed it along and exposed the fragile and expensive bowl to thermal shock. It could maybe crack and spill your expensive sinter beads all over the floor. Yup. That would be a bummer.

Anyone have a time travel machine?

CatamountRob

CatamountRob

Banned Member
Reaction score
You know there Mr. User name...maybe you should just do some other tasks and let the oven run its coarse. After all, youre not using the quartz speed tray; I believe you are using the clay bowl, right? It would be a shame if you pushed it along and exposed the fragile and expensive bowl to thermal shock. It could maybe crack and spill your expensive sinter beads all over the floor. Yup. That would be a bummer.

Anyone have a time travel machine?
Ouch. Not much profit in that crown you're delivering this morning.

user name

user name

Reaction score
Ouch. Not much profit in that crown you're delivering this morning.
No doubt. It started out with being prescribed a 3D shade. Im not a fan. Then I miss read the shade. Down to the wire to get something done and out, so I used a Zr Im not familiar enough with, but I used it because I have their 3D shades. It came out way too light.

Itll be fine. Just one of those days when not much goes well, but I had to realize most if not all of the days problems were my fault. I learned quite a bit yesterday.

Like...my bed is nice. My dog smells and I like it. Mistakes cost money, so instead of getting angry, learn.

Just keep things in perspective.

M

mmbh

Reaction score
I had to start a sinter cycle this afternoon, and I need to get it glazed for morning delivery. If I just wait, its going to be a very late night. Its just a single crown, so when it gets cooled down a reasonable amount, would shutting off the power switch cause the door to open so I can get early access?

Its a Mihm Vogt HT Speed.
I have a sirona infire furnace and it looks suspiciously like a Mihm Vogt. I had the same issue. Needed to get crown out and temp was still too high to open door. I just stopped the program, entered and started then stopped a new program (a speed sinter program, it opens furnace a lot sooner at higher temp.) and hit the door open button. Boom, furnace opened.

CatamountRob

CatamountRob

Banned Member
Reaction score
Wait...are we suppose to make profit too ? Hmmmm2
You could make wheelbarrows full of cash if you'd just listen to TheLabGuy and start schlepping acne products.

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
You could make wheelbarrows full of cash if you'd just listen to TheLabGuy and start schlepping acne products.
Wait, the products are supposed to cause acne? That explains a lot.

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
No doubt. It started out with being prescribed a 3D shade. Im not a fan. Then I miss read the shade. Down to the wire to get something done and out, so I used a Zr Im not familiar enough with, but I used it because I have their 3D shades. It came out way too light.

Itll be fine. Just one of those days when not much goes well, but I had to realize most if not all of the days problems were my fault. I learned quite a bit yesterday.

Like...my bed is nice. My dog smells and I like it. Mistakes cost money, so instead of getting angry, learn.

Just keep things in perspective.
We are always learning .
I've learned that everytime I'm about to fire off that letter,I get the call that I've ordered the wrong platform size.:(

never fails.

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
image.php