Programat s1 sintering

sndmn2

sndmn2

Reaction score
If you have one could you pass along your thoughts ? It would be for a small one man lab . 80-100 units a month. So your talking about sintering 10 units or so every other day. Assuming I'm only using one kind of zirconia. Or it could be every day with about 4 units. Thanks.

Polarmolar

Polarmolar

Reaction score
Are you asking if you should buy the furnace ? I have one it's been perfect for 4 years and the best part is you don't need sintering beads. They just came out with a new tray that is double layered so you can fit a few more in at a time. Great furnace but really pricy but you won't have to worry about crappy sinters I am pondering a Zubler next as it's 3-5k cheaper but I'm a little nervous as the S1 has been great. Oh one issue is that the temp only goes to 1530c and the new one goes to 1600c

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
I have the S1 1600. I'ts been great. Easy to program, easy to scroll. It's been very consistent. Good software as far as calibration, regeneration program etc.
I personally have liked Ivoclar support, but I'm not a power user who runs into the more difficult questions to ask and tries to get answers for (for the Mini, 3Shape and the S1). If you go for the S1 1600, wait until the 4th quarter, when Ivoclar has specials on pricing or financing.

You will only have 9 self programs to use, but I'm only using about 4, so that isn't a issue.

Now a couple of minor downsides. The tray is fragile, so if you make the mistake of keeping the 1/2 moon platform cooling area on around the platform, make sure you
offset the firing tray on it (not centered),as to not have the head come down and break a corner or a side off (image below). I took that border off, as to train myself
to just put it in a patio brick paver I have on the side. I now just leave the tray in the oven, and use my fingers or a long tweezers to put units on and off it. The replacement sinter tray run around 215.00, so keep that in mind. If you learn from my mistakes, you should be fine for awhile.

Also, if you have to run some zirconia up to 1590, I've found that the cusp tips of molars stick to the tray, just where the contact points are,
and leaves little white spots that have to be ground off. I hardly use that zirconia anymore (a Bruxzir Dr I now work with),
as I use a replacement that only fires to 1500 (Beyond). My local rep said she would ask why they "stuck", but didn't get back to me.

I've only once had the Prograbase PC software work for me in being able to add names and temps to programs. I've just had to use the screen
on the unit itself to install programs.

IMG_1340.JPG

Last edited:
BobCDT

BobCDT

Reaction score
Check the high temp. Many of the new materials require 1550 and I think the P1 may not get there. If not, I think it's a deal breaker as it will eliminate many zirconia choices. We should only but furnaces that go to 1560 or higher.

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
Bob, the S1 1600 that I mentioned above, does go to 1600.

Zubler USA

Zubler USA

Reaction score
Hi Car 54, the S1 has MosI2 version if I am correct, then the capability will be at 1600. Some other ovens that feature SiC elements have this temperature limitation. The Zubler & Mihm Vogts have Hi purity Mosi2 SPEED elements. These will deliver very nice result. If you are interested in a Zubler, give me a call and I go over the differences in the different ovens.

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
Yes, you're right Chris, the S1 1600 has the Mosi2 heating elements.

Zubler USA

Zubler USA

Reaction score
Thought so. The Zubler & Mihm Vogts top out at 1650. Not much more, It's partially due to the elements. But it gives you a bir more head room for some of the newer zirconia.