Press on implant

A

Azzam

Reaction score
What is the perfect ratio of liquid and water for crowns over implant
The cataloge said 20/7
But we know if we need less expansion we have to use more water and tighte fit
Why they mention to use more liquid is it good ?

2thm8kr

2thm8kr

Beanosavedmysociallife
Reaction score
More special liquid in the ratio gives more expansion. Start with 1cc more special liquid and go from there.

C

charles007

Reaction score
Use less special liquid to more water ratio = less expansion = tighter fits .
Hand waxing or scanner, helps a lot to use less die spacer thickness and start of cement ! but impossible to do if your hand waxing and using thin spacers used for pressing that peel off.
If your hand waxing and painting on several layers of die spacer, drop back to using 1 thin layer..
It also help to paint the spacer farther up from the margin.,,, not so close to the margin.
Many variables.. shallow retention groove, no flat walls, the looser it will fit and you need less expansion..

Patrick Coon

Patrick Coon

Reaction score
In my course, we use no spacer on the TiBase. And I always make a coping out of pattern resin (I really like PrimoTec's PrimoPattern gel, light cured and stays where I put it). I then wax on top of that. This way I have a pattern that fits intimately, and doesn't change fit as I take it on and off the TiBase while I'm waxing. I also find that because the TiBases are so parallel that you have to increase the expansion a little to get a passive fit when seating. I use PressVest Speed and my Liquid/Water Ratio is 40/14 for a 200gr ring (obviously that would be 20/14 for a 100gr ring). These number equal about a 75%/25% ratio, which may help when determining correct ratios for other investments. When I fit the pressed objects, they fall right on with no wiggle and just enough room for cement.

I hope this helps.

C

charles007

Reaction score
Pat, have you found it easier to get better fits printing or milling wax to press, or using emax cad when your making a crown over ti ?
Its been so long since I pressed, and now using emax Cad, I'm having a hell of a time with fits on Ti.
I get the worst Ti abutments on pour models from docs to scan and design ! Very parallel, almost undercut, shallow retention groove and no flat wall and other times I get lucky with a more ideal Ti prep . Sometime I'm forced to change my X/Y from .02 to .01 and increase the start of cement gap and back off cement gap thickness on these worse cases. No fun learning how to improve the fits using a scanner !
The last few times I hand waxed and pressed inhouse, I used 1 layer die spacer and 1 layer to hand wax to cast with pfm alloys. Much better results and I don't remember changing the special liquid ratio. Waxing any prep on die stone to press, I stopped using die spacers which I forgot about. lol

Patrick Coon

Patrick Coon

Reaction score
Pat, have you found it easier to get better fits printing or milling wax to press, or using emax cad when your making a crown over ti ?
Its been so long since I pressed, and now using emax Cad, I'm having a hell of a time with fits on Ti.
I get the worst Ti abutments on pour models from docs to scan and design ! Very parallel, almost undercut, shallow retention groove and no flat wall and other times I get lucky with a more ideal Ti prep . Sometime I'm forced to change my X/Y from .02 to .01 and increase the start of cement gap and back off cement gap thickness on these worse cases. No fun learning how to improve the fits using a scanner !
The last few times I hand waxed and pressed inhouse, I used 1 layer die spacer and 1 layer to hand wax to cast with pfm alloys. Much better results and I don't remember changing the special liquid ratio. Waxing any prep on die stone to press, I stopped using die spacers which I forgot about. lol

Charles,

If you're not using Sirona I would recommend milling either wax or PMMA to press. The reason I say this is because with the e.max CAD for Sirona we pre-mill those TiBase interfaces to fit the Sirona ones precisely. I find if I make the cement gap 20-30 microns I get a very precise fit with the PMMA/Wax. I then invest with the ratios above and I can throw them at the die from across the room and they fall in place and don't wiggle. I also have a very even cement gap. The ones I use in teaching are Strauman replicas and have a slight 2-3 degree taper and one flat side. You should really reiterate to your dentist the requirements that you need to make these reliably.

A

Azzam

Reaction score
What is the perfect ratio of liquid and water for crowns over implant
The cataloge said 20/7
But we know if we need less expansion we have to use more water and tighte fit
Why they mention to use more liquid is it good ?
Charles,

If you're not using Sirona I would recommend milling either wax or PMMA to press. The reason I say this is because with the e.max CAD for Sirona we pre-mill those TiBase interfaces to fit the Sirona ones precisely. I find if I make the cement gap 20-30 microns I get a very precise fit with the PMMA/Wax. I then invest with the ratios above and I can throw them at the die from across the room and they fall in place and don't wiggle. I also have a very even cement gap. The ones I use in teaching are Strauman replicas and have a slight 2-3 degree taper and one flat side. You should really reiterate to your dentist the requirements that you need to make these reliably.
In my course, we use no spacer on the TiBase. And I always make a coping out of pattern resin (I really like PrimoTec's PrimoPattern gel, light cured and stays where I put it). I then wax on top of that. This way I have a pattern that fits intimately, and doesn't change fit as I take it on and off the TiBase while I'm waxing. I also find that because the TiBases are so parallel that you have to increase the expansion a little to get a passive fit when seating. I use PressVest Speed and my Liquid/Water Ratio is 40/14 for a 200gr ring (obviously that would be 20/14 for a 100gr ring). These number equal about a 75%/25% ratio, which may help when determining correct ratios for other investments. When I fit the pressed objects, they fall right on with no wiggle and just enough room for cement.

I hope this helps.
Pat
Thank you that what I used but i have proplem with fitting can you tell me the name of material that I can use for margin
For I use cervical wax and same problem

Patrick Coon

Patrick Coon

Reaction score
Pat
Thank you that what I used but i have proplem with fitting can you tell me the name of material that I can use for margin
For I use cervical wax and same problem

Assam,

Use your pattern resin all the way to the margin. After it is cured,use silicone wheels to smooth and finish the margin. You can then was over it. This method works great for me.

Edward123

Edward123

Reaction score
A bit off the subject, but I recently started doing e.max screw retained crowns with PRINTED wax with very good results.
Only problem I have is the only Ti base I can find are NT Trading with the little anti-rotation nub that is OK if you're cementing to Zr but I think it creates a weak spot with e.max.
Can anyone pass on a good source for Ti base with flat sides. Who are you buying from?
Thanks.

pjd cdt

pjd cdt

Reaction score
A bit off the subject, but I recently started doing e.max screw retained crowns with PRINTED wax with very good results.
Only problem I have is the only Ti base I can find are NT Trading with the little anti-rotation nub that is OK if you're cementing to Zr but I think it creates a weak spot with e.max.
Can anyone pass on a good source for Ti base with flat sides. Who are you buying from?
Thanks.
Preat or Origin

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Top Bottom