Or due to not using the surfactant.

Attachments

• IMG_2825.JPG
    IMG_2825.JPG
    97.5 KB · Views: 81
Mike2

Mike2

Reaction score
Hard to say. If the irregular surface is not there in the impression material, then it could be gases from the imp. material, polyvinyl releases gases for up to 60mins. after impression is taken. That usually leave small spherical bubbles, yours looks like water left in impression, or like u said no sufactant. I never use...debubblizer, just a rinse with water and slight air dry, my opinion is if you don't remove all surfactanct it weakens the stone it mixes with. My 2 cents

prestige.dental

prestige.dental

Reaction score
Hard to say. If the irregular surface is not there in the impression material, then it could be gases from the imp. material, polyvinyl releases gases for up to 60mins. after impression is taken. That usually leave small spherical bubbles, yours looks like water left in impression, or like u said no sufactant. I never use...debubblizer, just a rinse with water and slight air dry, my opinion is if you don't remove all surfactanct it weakens the stone it mixes with. My 2 cents

Thanks. How do u remove surfactant wash it off with water or just air dry

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
I wouldn't worry about it that much.
The impression is so lousy that you won't notice any difference.

2thm8kr

2thm8kr

Beanosavedmysociallife
Reaction score
The idea behind using surfactant is to break surface tension. If you wash it off with water, what is the point of applying it in the first place?Hmmmm2

JKraver

JKraver

Reaction score
I think what they meant was disinfectant. People also blame debubblizer for this stuff. A second pour should look nicer.

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
what is it guys, is it due to the poor inner surface of the impression Material

Or due to not using the surfactant.
The only time I've seen such pervasive surface bubling is when someone poured when the stone was set too much and didn't flow properly. Looked just fine until separation. Someone nothin' it was me pushing hard on first day back from 1 week closed. Uh, hi.

Surfectant is a unneded variable that you should try weening yourself from. If you need it rarely for super sharp preps, that one thing, just be sure to flip and fling the impression to remove any but the most thin surface layer. For many years I poured solid check/softtissue models in dry impresions. Used no water or surfectant at all.

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
I can't just quit cold turkey after 39 yearsAfraid