Please contribute, especially lab owners!

Travis

Travis

Nothing to see here
Staff member
Reaction score
We have to be prepared for changes that I believe will happen to lab owners within 18 months in the US. We are going to need some kind of certification that gives us permission to sell our restorations to doctors. This will cost us time and money.

Help me help you. Lets stay on top of this so we aren't left in the dark when it does happen.

Thank you

TheLabGuy

TheLabGuy

Just a Member
Reaction score
Why do you say 18 months?

Travis

Travis

Nothing to see here
Staff member
Reaction score
Word of mouth. I heard from someone who is very involved in this that it would be soon. Its just a heads up.

B

Brian8

Reaction score
The only thing I have heard so far was, one of my doctors called and wanted to know if we send any work to china. We of course do not... I guess it was from the ADA and we had to type up some paper work saying that we do not.

Brian

TheLabGuy

TheLabGuy

Just a Member
Reaction score
Come on Travis........as we say in the Marines....."share your intel"........let me guess? FDA regulations.

JEmirzian

JEmirzian

Reaction score
I had heard from someone on the NADL that the FDA will be trying to make it manditory for every labratory to have at least one CDT on the payroll. This was a while ago....things could have changed. If I hear anything else I will post it here.

Jay

TheLabGuy

TheLabGuy

Just a Member
Reaction score
Sounds like the NADL is just promoting their certification through FDA mandatory government regulations. And before you think I'm bashing the NADL, I have two CDT's, so tread lightly. This would put the sluts of the dental industry out of business though.....sorry, I meant china sending businessman.

L

labdude

Reaction score
I can become unslut like if need be. You think they would make an old guy do that??

JEmirzian

JEmirzian

Reaction score
I don't think your bashing the NADL. If what you say is true, at least they are getting the word out. I wouldn't be adversed to the mandation.

Jay

B

Brian8

Reaction score
I will, part of it is because I know how one lab does not really train there people but just states that they passed their test. My work is ten time better than theirs, I was was trained by my brother who learned it from the Navy and not one of us has CDT. I think that the NADL is just after more money.

Brian

L

labdude

Reaction score
It's really easy to see things, all you have to do is follow the money. This mandation will most likely be in response to over sea work coming in. resulting in excessive controls put on us, up to and including certification.
All the while, not requireing the import crap to meet the same standards.
They want us under control, then control the other stuff as well. Make it a level playing field and we'll kick the import asses.
Mike.

B

Brian8

Reaction score
Mike, I agree with you on following the money, but do you want the control over you?

Brian

95 years

Reaction score
You babies that cry over work going to China probably can't do as good a job as they can.
The reason many guys are not training is because the trainee is going to leave anyway. So do your thing in the middle of Kansas or where ever you are, where nothing is going on except a bunch of crying and leave China alone.

L

labdude

Reaction score
Nice to have a you as a new member ****ie Fart 95 years.
We'll leave China alone till we want that part of the world to glow in the dark zipperhead.

trisha

trisha

Reaction score
Did you join our forum just to be hostile? Surely you have better things to do with your time if you don't have something of value to contribute stick with whatever else your hobby is.
trisha

TheLabGuy

TheLabGuy

Just a Member
Reaction score
Nice to have a you as a new member ****ie Fart 95 years.
We'll leave China alone till we want that part of the world to glow in the dark zipperhead.

Can't say it any better..........thanks Mike....lol

L

labdude

Reaction score
Trisha,
Your the voice of reason.
Really, the guy is stuck in a country where his leadres lie to him in many ways. Simply put, his leaders keep the people in control with a divide and conquer method. Along with fear of their lives.
Our own country seems like that sometimes as well. Maybe if the people of all countrys see this, things will change everywhere. Seems to be a pipe dream.
I feel bad for this guy (and all those like him) at the same time I want to take his head off.
Mike.

trisha

trisha

Reaction score
Mike,
Simply put, his leaders keep the people in control with a divide and conquer method. Along with fear of their lives.
Our own country seems like that sometimes as well. Maybe if the people of all countrys see this, things will change everywhere
Unfortunately it does sound hauntingly familiar.
Seems to be a pipe dream
Hopefully things will CHANGE in 2009;)

trisha

95 years

Reaction score
Why do you guys have a problem with Taiwan, a Democratic country, and you call us Zipperheads? What is a Zipperhead? Is that good or bad? You need good Lava? Call us, we will give you the best lava you have seen anywhere you great American toothless warrior.

Respectfully yours,

95 years

Top Bottom