Partials and flippers

Luke

Luke

Reaction score
wondering what pricing everyone does for their acrylic partials , flippers , and cast metals? Thanks guy!

evanosu

evanosu

Reaction score
wondering what pricing everyone does for their acrylic partials , flippers , and cast metals? Thanks guy!

My area in Ohio/Indiana/KY, average flipper no clasps probably $85 + teeth, ID. Acrylic partial $110 + teeth, ID + clasps.

Cast metal $285 - $325 + teeth, ID.

Those pricings are low to med range type labs. Honestly depends on your niche and position in your market. If you are a premium lab, definitely more than what I listed in my opinion. Also that pricing probably similar to Glidewell. Some labs don't care what anyone charges and honestly quality should be a driving force plus service, shipping etc.

Check out LMT magazine and their website, they do an annual pricing survey by region and lab size.

Luke

Luke

Reaction score
My area in Ohio/Indiana/KY, average flipper no clasps probably $85 + teeth, ID. Acrylic partial $110 + teeth, ID + clasps.

Those pricings are low to med range type labs. Honestly depends on your niche and position in your market. If you are a premium lab, definitely more than what I listed in my opinion. Also that pricing probably similar to Glidewell. Some labs don't care what anyone charges and honestly quality should be a driving force plus service, shipping etc.

Check out LMT magazine and their website, they do an annual pricing survey by region and lab size.

Thanks!

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
Before you chase pricing averages, run the numbers and make sure that actually pays your bills.

Absolutely!

every time these posts are created, you can bet the average price goes down again.

JTG

JTG

Reaction score
Absolutely!

every time these posts are created, you can bet the average price goes down again.
I think you deserve winner for your new avatar. Now I'm going to go weld stuff without glasses to burn that image out of my mind!

Don't undersell yourself Luke, too many people do that. If you're still at your day job, then you know what they sell them for. Ask your boss or coworkers if they know what others in your area are pricing those items for so that you can be competitive with your competition.

Luke

Luke

Reaction score
@JTG I am coming in blind. My day job services only one DR and his pricing is basically factory pricing to public. Got a hold of pricing from another local lab but doesn't look like they even market for acrylic partials since they do metal work. Suppose I could just copy what the DR I work for sells since its essentially lab pricing, but I would like to give Local Drs a chance and myself to get some of the removable business. Had one complaint already about my pricing so looking to reevaluate a little. Not under sell myself, but maximize profits.

Luke

Luke

Reaction score
I think I have decided on a happy medium. Figure it needs to be cheaper than the local metalwork.. price in line with LMT 2014 lab survey national average. Account for my quick turn around, seeing the same face is nice, should make up for the price increase from the big labs.

X

XxJamesAxX

Reaction score
Luke, my advice is this:

Figure out your manufacturing cost, labor + materials and add about 30-40%. When figuring manufacturing cost dont forget about shipping/receiving and make sure to include all materials from start to finish, count everything. Once you have that number dont go any lower then that, do some research though and if you can set your price higher do so. Find out what other labs are charging and also find out what the dentist in your area are charging. In my area most are charging 3 - 4 X lab fee.

Spend the time calculating and researching to place yourself right where you want to be in the market and to insure your making money. Its very common for people to set there prices completely based off another lab which is a mistake imo.... It's also very common for people to complain about others prices but we are all individual businesses and all have different margins.

Keeping your expenses as low as possible gives you that marketing edge. Many will bark at this im sure but remember if the guys down the road are charging $120 and making $40 profit and you can charge $110 and make $40 nothing wrong with that imo.... Or charge the same $120 and make $50 profit your call but you gotta know the numbers!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

nvarras

nvarras

Reaction score
Here is 2014 if you're interested.

Attachments

• LMT Prosthetic Fees_10-2014.pdf
    598.4 KB · Views: 39
Luke

Luke

Reaction score

Do you charge a processing fee or your techs do this work on bench? Jw i process mine not sure if everyone does