Own lab... am I crazy? (please tell me I am)

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
What do you mean? I am not a native English speaker...
to stir the pot, is to cause people's emotion to be stirred (like a soup)

grantoz thinks this thread is to just make people angry because someone bought a sirona. clearly the majority of us do not approve of sirona from even a fundamental philosophical standpoint.

X

Xydorf

Reaction score
to stir the pot, is to cause people's emotion to be stirred (like a soup)

grantoz thinks this thread is to just make people angry because someone bought a sirona. clearly the majority of us do not approve of sirona from even a fundamental philosophical standpoint.

Aha, cause they do Cerecs that make you lose money?

We bought the cerec but ended up using the omnicam only as a scanner and sending it for a Greek lab. The owner is now a good friend of mine.

The cerec is good in theory but horrible in real life, at least on my hands...

The Greek guy actually used 3shape and just used the Sirona software to export the case etc. But our local lab tech uses the software, and is kind of happy with it. Or at least it works I guess :)

Perhaps we should have bought a trios four years ago and used an open system. Now we might need two softwares, two scanners, etc. Oh well, this is life :)

G

grantoz

Reaction score
nice explaining coolhand , Xdorf did buy every thing mills furnaces etc got techs all going great but now its no good which do i believe.i still think he is making soup.

X

Xydorf

Reaction score
nice explaining coolhand , Xdorf did buy every thing mills furnaces etc got techs all going great but now its no good which do i believe.i still think he is making soup.

I am not saying it is no good. I am saying that for implants it is not optimal, not even close. I am not trying to make anyone angry. I am in general a happy person who wishes well to all eto.

M

Mark Blyumin

Reaction score
not accurate enough ...for what? in what way would it not be accurate? imprecise fit? this is a CAM problem. wrong rotation? this is an operator problem.

3shape is a fantastic design system, very powerful, and easy to use. you would be buying their best scanner to date. and being so close to denmark, you'll have the best milling centers using 3shape at your fingertips.
I have a problem with X5 scanner that I use ones a month on 4 or 5 cases.
The camera stopped working. Does anyone know why. It only has been 2 years with very little use. It is very frustrating!

M

Mark Blyumin

Reaction score
I have a problem with X5 scanner that I use ones a month on 4 or 5 cases.
The camera stopped working. Does anyone know why. It only has been 2 years with very little use. It is very frustrating!

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
oh, sirona x5. yes it is absolute shyte. get rid of it.

M

Mark Blyumin

Reaction score
Yes it is the only way to end the headaches.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

X

Xydorf

Reaction score
we have not had a problem with the x5, but I find the scanning time to be so long... I think sirona is not the way to go for a lab unless you have the omnicam scanners at the dentists office (like we do).

M

Mark Blyumin

Reaction score
Yes it is taking too long.
I agree.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

X

Xydorf

Reaction score
Im being strong, but do you think you will only need 1 techo for 200 units a month plus all the adjustments etc??I think you will need 3-4 and then you will understand the real cost of making toothy pegs especially in Sweden where you will have to pay correct wages, in China the techos get around if they are good 5-10 $ US a day and they live on site how many EURO's does your average Swede get payed a day?.

I don't want to be rude, but he delivered atound 27 units to me yesterday evening. This evening I have not seen, will see tomorrow. But at least 15-20, considering he finished all the units for monday. The digital production process is more effective :)

RileyS

RileyS

Reaction score
Let's start a poll
A) He freaks out on you one day and starts throwing things around.
B) He doesn't show up one day, or the following day, or any day after that.
C) He commits suicide.
D) Turns out he's a robot.

X

Xydorf

Reaction score
Let's start a poll
A) He freaks out on you one day and starts throwing things around.
B) He doesn't show up one day, or the following day, or any day after that.
C) He commits suicide.
D) Turns out he's a robot.

I hope for D, if those are the options :)

He does seem tired, yes. I really hope we can get him some design help :)

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
He deserves an award.
Then again,so do I.

X

Xydorf

Reaction score
He deserves an award.
Then again,so do I.

Yes. Most of you techs do.

I don't think a lab tech can be truly effective without the all digital process for smaller cases.

Top Bottom