Outsourcing to USA ?

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
How are you john?
I have not comment on DLN for a while and just decide to come back. I still have some gas to finish my partial life journey as an American immigrant until 65. Anyway I didn't know How many American dental related jobs lost to China? Just estimate or DLN may do a survey on the issue.
Bye John
Thanks
Clearh2o

an interesting query. how many jobs are taken from NA by China... well lets do some math.

according to the Bureau of Labor 12,075,000 people in north america are employed in Manufacturing (2014 jan data).

according to the bureau of labor 99,000,000 people in china are employed in Manufacturing (data available only until 2009).

chinese unemployment rate is a factor of their employment numbers, and as of dec 2013 stood at 926 000 people.

north american unemployment at last known figures was at 9,869,000.

that means (9869000-926000 = 8943000) in the manufacturing sector alone 8,943,000 jobs are provided to china. a percentage difference of less than 10%

less than 10% (8.9m out of 99m) of china's total manufacturing labourforce are "stolen" from Americans.

not nearly the number you thought, i guess.

Terry Whitty

Terry Whitty

Reaction score
there is no race to the bottom until everyone's quality is the same. thats why tech drops in price really fast - the quality is uniform throughout the field. because of it, the prices can drop.

there is no race to the bottom

There sure seems to be a race to the bottom on price ... Just even on this thread is a lot of evidence of it.

In the big picture there has to be all other factors considered sure, but a heck of a lot of customer's bottom line is price... other things like quality becoming a lagging last.

Terry Whitty

Terry Whitty

Reaction score
Don't know what happened to the last post, its early.. lol... but..

There sure seems to be a race to the bottom on price, this thread is full of.." i can do it cheaper" to a point where price just gets absurd so that was the point really.

I acknowledge the other factors that would be needed to be level for a true "race to the bottom" but i was only making an issue of price.

The really sad thing is the usual trend for customers is to only judge on price and worry about other things like quality as a secondary concern. The reality is even if you
don't think you compete on price.. you still do.

Chiolo

Chiolo

Reaction score
What's funny is that for the "elite" in China, they purchase all "Made in the USA" products. Its a status thing haha... Zirconia Crowns can go for $30 bucks but you definitely get what you pay for, not to mention shipping cost. If you want a Lifetime Guaranteed Zirconia Crown feel free to visit our site or PM me. It may be a more than a $30 crown but the peace of mind is worth it....:sleep:2
That's a shrewed dig and also the fact. But it might be not accuracy to call blind consumer groups 'elite'. The Wall Street Jornal named them 'Dama' . As a long time, China is poverty and ignorance. Many daily necessities could not produce in China---My grandma thinks products 'made in soviet union' are the best goods. And my parents like products 'made in US'. So that they use Iphone, however i like my ZTE Grand MEMO :)

2000markpeters

2000markpeters

Reaction score
The reality of giving your work away for free is that it is not the end user (patient) benefiting from your tremendous price reduction, it is the dentist. Trust me , they are still charging the patient the normal "lab fee" cost and pocketing the rest and laughing all the way to the bank. I don't know about the rest of you, but I got into this business to make an honest living and not be treated like some cheap hooker.

2000markpeters

2000markpeters

Reaction score
That is why I became a high class hooker and got the right clientele that are willing to pay for what I am supplying them with;)

zero_zero

zero_zero

Reaction score
Hi All,

We are a largest and leading Dental Lab Network in South India planning to expand our business..

So, anybody willing to outsource their Zirconia work to India can contact me..

We use only branded quality materials like IVOCLAR, EMAX, LAVA etc., and never use cheap products..

I assure you the BEST QUALITY AT A BEST PRICE

feeel free for any queries

Thanks in advance

Lemme guess.... 10$/crown ? :D