Outsourcing to USA ?

Betalab

Betalab

Reaction score
My 3 shape man suggests to me to outsource my metal free crowns to the USA. Thoughts please?

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
Not a bad idea.. for instance.. Here in Switzerland I pay 100-130 USD for a zirconia coping.. In the US you can get them for $30.. If you can get a bulk shipped back to you, then it might be worth the cost of shipping. USA is the new China!! Land of low low prices! US is owned by China anyways..

Betalab

Betalab

Reaction score
I've been quoted $85 for a fully stained and glazed zirconia. We r running dollar for dollar with the states so I thinks that's pretty good for something that I can double my money on.
Makes me wonder, should I scan models then outsource for the design to a work at home ex CAD technician who I pay per unit, in the US, then ask them to email the order to the manufacturing lab in the states. For them to ship it to me and then me deliver in a nice Perspex tooth box that I buy from alibaba for 30 cents. Hmmmmm. Still thinking. My kids are pretty good on computers.;)

SiKBOY

SiKBOY

Reaction score
Sounds like you are going down the "Southern cross dental" train of thought.

shane williams

shane williams

Reaction score
I've been quoted $85 for a fully stained and glazed zirconia. We r running dollar for dollar with the states so I thinks that's pretty good for something that I can double my money on.
Makes me wonder, should I scan models then outsource for the design to a work at home ex CAD technician who I pay per unit, in the US, then ask them to email the order to the manufacturing lab in the states. For them to ship it to me and then me deliver in a nice Perspex tooth box that I buy from alibaba for 30 cents. Hmmmmm. Still thinking. My kids are pretty good on computers.;)

I would say anything you have the potential of manufactoring "in-house" I would, especially e-max. E-max cad is quite a bit more expensive than pressing. You can cut costs with pressing a $20 ingot when you press 3-4 units with the same ingot. Those e-max cad blanks are like $40-50.
That seems like a good deal for your zr though. How are the fits when they come back, contacts, occulsion? I'm assuming you are sending a digital file and then recieving a crown. Any adjusting when you get them back?

DMC

DMC

Banned
Reaction score
My 3 shape man suggests to me to outsource my metal free crowns to the USA. Thoughts please?

Set-up a milling center? When do you want me come down?

Pick out a good place near Airport, and fresh water.

Betalab

Betalab

Reaction score
I would say anything you have the potential of manufactoring "in-house" I would, especially e-max. E-max cad is quite a bit more expensive than pressing. You can cut costs with pressing a $20 ingot when you press 3-4 units with the same ingot. Those e-max cad blanks are like $40-50.
That seems like a good deal for your zr though. How are the fits when they come back, contacts, occulsion? I'm assuming you are sending a digital file and then recieving a crown. Any adjusting when you get them back?
Now this is the answer I like. Reasons to keep it in house.
Yes on the digital files and haven't had any negative feedback

Betalab

Betalab

Reaction score
Set-up a milling center? When do you want me come down?

Pick out a good place near Airport, and fresh water.
There are already a few but even with freight they are more $$$ thank I can get from the states

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
Send to Canada mate!

Keep it in the Commonwealth! :)

Betalab

Betalab

Reaction score
Send to Canada mate!

Keep it in the Commonwealth! :)
Hmmm so many options,Asia, USA, Canada now has thrown its hat in.
Can't really accuse anyone of sending or receiving outsource now

F

Francis

Reaction score
I am an american that owns a lab in china I can give you finished zirconia crowns for $39 USD layeres or full contour

F

Francis

Reaction score
If you are interested in sending work to an american owned lab in china I can give you great prices

blue tooth

blue tooth

Reaction score
I am an american that owns a lab in china I can give you finished zirconia crowns for $39 USD layeres or full contour

Buddy, your english isn't good enough for "an american" ;)

JohnWilson

JohnWilson

Reaction score

I didn't know an "American" could own a business in China

Tom Moore

Tom Moore

Reaction score
I am an American that owns a lab in china I can give you finished zirconia crowns for $39 USD layered or full contour

Hi Francis,

That is a very good price.

Could I ask who's zirconia you are using? What porcelain are you layering the zirconia with?

This is a price I can't come to because my margins would then not stand any sort of problem without going into red numbers.

I'm very curious as to how you can offer these prices.

Tom

Tom Moore

Tom Moore

Reaction score
I didn't know an "American" could own a business in China

That's not true any longer. You can even own real property like a house or an office building in China now.