opinions and feeback please

Status
Not open for further replies.
K

kaylahou

Reaction score
finals_zpsf727331e.jpg
finals2_zps25100fdd.jpg
i didn't mean to imply that i would only be interested if the money was there.. I would absolutely do what i loved over getting rich with something i hate. I just meant, that the trials and tribulations of some of the stories on here. The dentists that screw over the labs that are busting their butts to deliver.. .that would just drive me crazy,, i guess i'm more of an artist than a business operations manager. anyway,, here is picture of my final restoration in the mouth.. for reference ,, i had included the temp i had been wearing in an earlier post.,.. do yall see any glaring clinical errors other than my crooked smile.?

W

wilkscm

Reaction score
looks good to me

user name

user name

Reaction score
Everyone has their own preferences, so if youre happy, that's all that counts. Is it from an insecurity that you seek the approval of others? You know, with your interest in the field you should try to apprentice with a lab or two. You could make yourself another set both for practice and practicality. My preference would have been to move your midline a millimeter to your left. (that appears to be your dominant side),and go with just a tad wider centrals or reduce curvature on the distal-incisal (less oval shaped) since your cheekbone/jaw lines are more square. I have an attraction to slightly mesially rotated laterals; that would allow for the additional width to the centrals without narrowing your laterals. If the bite allows, Id tip your cuspids to a bit of a more prominent position (bicuspids slightly in, cuspids slightly out).
You might find golden proportion interesting to read about.
You do have a pretty smile, and its not crooked. Its asymmetrical...just like our whole bodies.

Last edited:
K

kaylahou

Reaction score
omg,, i noticed the 1mm off on the midline!.. i almost sent them back.. because i know the midline wasn't off in the wax up.. but my prosthedontist..said they would have to grind off the teeth and start from scratch(i kinda didn't think he was exagerating).. and after much consideration.. and knowing that it would open up a can of worms..(i didn't want the lab to get mad) and realizing that, nobody is perfect.. and that the teeth are beautiful and my bite is better than it ever has been and well. my prosthedontist has already done so much for me, ( i only had to pay lab fees).,,and my case was the most murphy's law case he had ever had.. also the same for the oral surgeon.. i'm the only patient that has lost that man implants repeatedly.. ugg.. anyway.. so i'm going to keep these.. but!.... i love the feedback you gave,, i am going to look into the work for free while i learn ..for sure..

my last question is,, is it true,, that in order to change the midline,, the lab would have had to start from scratch?? i don't believe it, they can repair a broken tooth on a denture,without starting from scratch.!

K

kaylahou

Reaction score
also,, just to reply to the insecurity thing,, actually,, not at all.. i'm asking for yalls opinion.as expert dental lab artists.. i already know they are beautiful.. i've read up on smile design and golden proportion and denture teeth setup options. and oh my god,, there was so many different techniques that are used for high end customized dental hybrids.. i am sure i was driving my prosthedontist crazy,because in a way,, my researching everything because i was interested.. but he took it as if i didn't trust in his expertise.. anyway,, thanks again for the specific feedback,observations on things that you may look at altering ... i'm going to save this, and for sure make those adjustments if possible.. once i learn in the lab..:)..

disturbed

disturbed

Disturbing Member
Reaction score
your lipstick is smudged and it appears you may have a nosehair out of place. teeth look fine.

teeth dont make a person pretty. seen some extreamly beautiful people with some very jacked teeth.when they got em fixed they lost the magic "something" and start looking fake.

Last edited:
user name

user name

Reaction score
The only reason I wrote comments is because you asked. Like I said (as Im playin my banjo)...you got a pretty mouth. I mean smile. I don't ask what people think about me because

1- I don't care.
2-because I know Im sexy
3-both

Theres no 'one' ideal set up. With out seeing your whole face, that's just imagination filling in the blanks. You could have a different idea of what you want than what someone else thinks theyd do for you. You might have a passion for teeth since youre focused on them. I think you should try a job in the lab field if your not doing anything else.

user name

user name

Reaction score
your lipstick is smudged and it appears you may have a nosehair out of place. teeth look fine.

teeth dont make a person pretty. seen some extreamly beautiful people with some very jacked teeth.when they got em fixed they lost the magic "something" and start looking fake.
so youre saying her teeth are 'jacked'. Just when I think I said something dumb, you bail me out by saying some thing dumber.

disturbed

disturbed

Disturbing Member
Reaction score
so youre saying her teeth are 'jacked'. Just when I think I said something dumb, you bail me out by saying some thing dumber.
reading is difficult for some people..

Doris A

Doris A

Solutions
Reaction score
Yes, moving the midline would require a complete reset, otherwise you would have to narrow #9 to move it over and when you moved #8 it would leave a space between it and #7 so you would have to use a larger 7, not to mention ruining the custom acrylic to get the them off of the denture. I think it looks great and would leave well enough alone.

Bumfrey

Bumfrey

Reaction score
You look fine. Your teeth look fine. Yes its a grind off and reset to correct the midline.

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
user name

user name

Reaction score
Bread. Good.
Wine. Good.
Smoking holy grail kush with Frankentein. Priceless.

K

kaylahou

Reaction score
thanks guys,, this is exactly what i wanted to know,,(regarding whether or not they would have to completely grind down to change the midline etc)...i'm sticking with current setup.:)..

Status
Not open for further replies.