Open Itialian scanner, anyone?

DMC

DMC

Banned
Reaction score
I can't decide between this, and Amann Girrbach's version of Exocad.

Tough.

I need to flip a coin today!

Seems like you could scan just about anything with the Italian scanner?

I dig it.

doug

doug

Reaction score
I'm gonna mount my kids' Xbox Kinect to a post like that and start scanning.

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
Seems like you could scan just about anything with the Italian scanner?

I dig it.

I bet your little spheres would fit in there...

DMC

DMC

Banned
Reaction score
Schweet looking software, and written for 64bit baby!!
Not some patched up old 32bit relic. with eleventeenzillion updates already.

(DW and 3S cough...excuse me.)

[YOUTUBE]ceM1r2cqnAk[/YOUTUBE]

Last edited:
DMC

DMC

Banned
Reaction score
Smart Optics version of ExoCAD....which is pretty much the Amann Girrbach system.

[YOUTUBE]TLU6CgW8KQ4[/YOUTUBE]

Check out the intense graphics of ExoCad!

[YOUTUBE]fbPX9ugPeAg[/YOUTUBE]

Last edited:
Labwa

Labwa

Reaction score
Do it!
It looks nice.
And you can scan the bite on the articulator! I have to say every time i put my Addesso-Split articulated jobs into the 3shape i have to walk away because the motor sounds like its screaming in pain.
is it comparable price to AG?

NicelyMKV

NicelyMKV

Reaction score
You can also customize the rendering effects of the trusmile module.

NicelyMKV

NicelyMKV

Reaction score
I am in the process of changing the way exocad manipulates the surfaces of my designs. Gonna take awhile but I'll let you guys know when it's done. Like for some of you to try it and see if you like it better.

k2 Ceramic Studio

k2 Ceramic Studio

Reaction score
Scott, that looks sooooooooooooo nice man, loving the bar modual and video, 64bit as well you could have so much ram in that thing 32gig? just think how fast it could go. OK I have just seen what the driver has brought in and I neeeeeeed that software NOW ( 8 bars from one trip). Looks great please tell us the one you go for. Pete

NicelyMKV

NicelyMKV

Reaction score
K2, I got to hang out briefly with the developer of the software. He demonstrated the bar module for me. Unbelievable. Took him just a few minutes to design a very complex bar.

P

paulg100

Reaction score
Sais the scanner has a rotating table, so this can only capture data from one angle?

Surely a scanner with a pivoting platform like the solutionix would be better?

The Bar software looks AWESOME.

The new inlab 4.0 software from Sirona has bar support.... god its gonna be embarassing compared to this :rolleyes:

Have to laugh. Sirona is huge company. Was told they spent nearly 30 million on development of the 4.0 platform.

Then 1 guy and group of 3 or 4 programmers? develops Exocad and blows Sirona away.

Last edited:
k2 Ceramic Studio

k2 Ceramic Studio

Reaction score
K2, I got to hang out briefly with the developer of the software. He demonstrated the bar module for me. Unbelievable. Took him just a few minutes to design a very complex bar.

Yeh thanks for that! HaHa It takes me ages, no bar modual on my system yet, I do have an implant one but no bar, just have to link them all together to a pre set design the prosthetic guy sends me SOOOOOO slow. Wish I had that, it just looks FANTASTIC.

Beatrice

Beatrice

Reaction score
Really bad bar software sooo complicated for nothing and the guy in the video is doing a dolder bar with attachment and you can resize the dolder bar, good way to be sure you can use the dolder rider..

Sorry but not impress AT all about this bar software really.

On the other hand the C&B software is a blast,

P

paulg100

Reaction score
"Really bad bar software sooo complicated"

Looks to me its a complicated as you wanna make it.. which is great!

Options and choice is what we want.

Not a dumbed down UI which is geared to the lowest denominator.

NicelyMKV

NicelyMKV

Reaction score
White light technology is kind of at a turning point. They can go the route of near instant scans or further increase the already ridiculously high accuracy.

The solutionx is by far one of the superior scanners. The new model was just introduced last weekend. 30% faster and quite a bit wider with a slightly beefed up table motor. I saw several companies using that scanner at the show.

P

paulg100

Reaction score
I thought the new scanner was meant to have a 360 rotating platform, so that you can scan under and over objects in one cycle?

guess that didnt make it or maybe is gonna be an upgrade option for it if i remember correctly?

k2 Ceramic Studio

k2 Ceramic Studio

Reaction score
Have to laugh. Sirona is huge company. Was told they spent nearly 30 million on development of the 4.0 platform.

Then 1 guy and group of 3 or 4 programmers? develops Exocad and blows Sirona away.

Fantastic, Sirona are such a joke

Last edited:
P

paulg100

Reaction score
Well i can assemble a picture in binary if you give me enough time but, maybe thats taking things a little to far :)

Think what im trying to say is its better to have to many options than not enough.

Dental cad software is starting to look and feel like proper cad software at last. If this means needing trained and skilled operators but gets us the results we need then thats fine by me.

Its no different to using something like photoshop properly.