One bake...creation cc

disturbed

disturbed

Disturbing Member
Reaction score
creation crown looks pretty. not like a tooth in my opinion..but pretty. are those white streaks suppose to be hypo or cracklines? just my opinion. i would want critique. hope you are accepting of it..

the emax vid...better. looks a little wide and mesial line angle a little off. nice contours and surface effects. pumice polish? i like the translucency. maybe a little extreme but i have seen it like that.

making a vid of my own. publish this winter. watch for it. bash it. please. its how i improve.

RileyS

RileyS

Reaction score
Beautiful! I love me some nice photos of teeth with lots o' color and depth. Was this an actual case?

al6spap

al6spap

Reaction score
I am accepting any critique disturbed, no problem...
I love our profession and like all of us, I am trying to improve...
I took some stain on a sharp instrument and tried to do the cracks in the wet ceramic...I will agree that they did came out very nice...I have to work on this.
These are just practice cases so that's why I played with a lot of translucency etc.

Thanks Corona

RileyS...no just playing for practice

GAP The two photos of sectioned teeth, I made them with the use of a cross polarized filter on a macro lens...if you want I can email you the photos and you can print them...
For the coloring of the powders I used http://www.amazon.com/Tombow-Brush-Professional-Marker-56149/dp/B00135HSI8

Last edited:
Tom Moore

Tom Moore

Reaction score
I used Willie's Creation Crack Liner as a base for cracks. Just make a light slurry of crack liner. Then open a V shaped fissure in your build up with a razor cutter. I made my own out of a blade from a disposable razor. Put the cutter in at the place and angle you want the crack line and rock it open so you have a V. Use a brush to paint one side of the open V with the crack liner. Push it all back together and you will have a nice looking crack . Remember less is better until you have a good idea of what will happen.You can make your own custom shaded crack liner with a small amount of colored modifier added to the the Crack Liner.

You can do some pretty complicated cracks with both surfaces of your V done with different shades of crack liner. You can make your own liner with white modifier mixed with one of the TIs. Remember most cracks should be barley noticeable at conversational distances.

Practice on the distal lingual of upper molars. When you get a call from a Dentist's office that the crown has a crack in it you are there......just kidding don't try that.

You are very close to great work. Remember our job is to match nature and many crowns I see are a grotesque caricaturization of teeth. I found the ability to do this sort of work was a hard sell for extra money and attracted the PIA dentists. It's good to know how to do these things but IMO not part of 90% of everyday lab work.

Last edited:
P

paulg100

Reaction score
Excellent work, thanks for sharing.

I gave up trying to do cracks in the ceramic. I couldnt get predictable enough results.

Doing an internal stain fire is much more controllable and precise. Ok it might not behave exactly like a ceramic crack but it gets very close and hard to tell the difference when done right.

al6spap

al6spap

Reaction score
Thank you Tom for the tip...i will try it out for sure!:)

I do practice for 2 reasons...to get closer to natural looking contours and to learn the material i work with, so i can get as close as possible to the tooth i want to copy by having as much as possible control of what i am layering.

Now, what looks natural or not i think it is a bit subjective, i have done cases that they looked great on the model(in my eyes at least) and in the mouth they just looked ok, the characterization was almost lost next to the rest of the dentition...
In my opinion to get close to natural looking teeth...1. contour and surface texture and 2. contrast and depth that can be acheived with X amount of different powders.
For me, an opaque dentin-dentin-enamel layering isnt enough to do natural looking teeth.

al6spap

al6spap

Reaction score
Thank you paulg100, yes i also do it sometimes like this...it doesnt look bad

M

martintay

Reaction score
Very nice work - thanks for sharing :)

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
creation crown looks pretty. not like a tooth in my opinion..but pretty. are those white streaks suppose to be hypo or cracklines? just my opinion. i would want critique. hope you are accepting of it..

the emax vid...better. looks a little wide and mesial line angle a little off. nice contours and surface effects. pumice polish? i like the translucency. maybe a little extreme but i have seen it like that.

making a vid of my own. publish this winter. watch for it. bash it. please. its how i improve.

The only chance I'd watch it is if you call it " Big boobs in a lab coat" !

al6spap

al6spap

Reaction score
Thanks Dimitri, that course we attended with Nondas...really inspired me :)
Cheers, hope you re doing well!