Oh Boy....Options???

Brett Hansen CDT

Brett Hansen CDT

Reaction score
Periodontist called me and told me he had trouble with this implant. The following pics are of the proposed abutment design from Atlantis. The abutment is at the maximum 30% angulation. myran case1.png myran case1.png myran case2.png

This is on a Keystone Prima 3.5mm implant. The doctor said the patient has a low lip line so the length of the crown isn't an issue. What is an issue is how I am supposed to design a restoration that won't create a huge bulge in his upper lip. Anyone have any suggestions?

Attachments

• myran case3.png
    myran case3.png
    218.7 KB · Views: 33
Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
I take it the Dr saw these pics of your concerns? Can you get it gold hue and use a more opaque type zirconia, or a emax HO ingot micro layered, and bring it back as far as you can? Or, if you can get a UCLA version of this abutment, forgo Atlantis and wax, cast design it yourself, and opaque the prepped part, and go from there?

Either way, it will be a compromise.

Last edited:
CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
Pass on it. Poor patient. Dr should have to justify his placement to a board.

Im betting there was no diagnostic wax up or surgical guide.
if the words "i had trouble" are any indication, then i also think there was no guide. theres no excuse for this.

E

edwarddental

Reaction score
hand wax and cast to angulate more than 30 degree . If you do thru Atlantis design as bicuspid and then cut back facial. Atlantis software have limits

Last edited:
CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
hand wax and cast to angulate more than 30 degree . If you do thru Atlantis design as bicuspid and then cut back facial. Atlantis software have limits
tell it to the FDA. they say CADCAM limits don't properly create abutments.

a banana shaped implant + crown would probably instantly fail and almost never be insertable.

user name

user name

Reaction score
Im just giving myself high marks for not saying what I was thinking.

That pt got screwed. Makes me sad.

Mike2

Mike2

Reaction score
Could you cast a coping and design it to then cement a crown to? Opaque it pink and create a stumpf toward the lingual for a properly placed lateral, maybe layer some pink porc. on the lower half of coping....my 2 cents.

Terry Whitty

Terry Whitty

Reaction score
Love to see an X-Ray or CBCT..then I can start to make an informed comment about it. There may be underlying issues.....

cipro

cipro

Reaction score
Best option would be to remove de implant, GBR with soft tissue ( more than one most likely) and a conventional bridgework. Sometimes no implants is a better treatment alternative, besides more surgeries does not justifies the patient`s additional suffering with another implant placement.

cipro

cipro

Reaction score
Best option would be to remove de implant, GBR with soft tissue ( more than one most likely) and a conventional bridgework. Sometimes no implants is a better treatment alternative, besides more surgeries does not justifies the patient`s additional suffering with another implant placement.

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
I'm vaguely remembering someone doing emax plugs for the facial of a implant emax crown. Would that be a design option in your lab?

I know it doesn't help much, but ....stupid people causing stupid mistakes is why we get lots of work- hey y'all watch this.

user name

user name

Reaction score
I'm vaguely remembering someone doing emax plugs for the facial of a implant emax crown. Would that be a design option in your lab?

I know it doesn't help much, but ....stupid people causing stupid mistakes is why we get lots of work- hey y'all watch this.
The last thing said before going to the hospital.

lcmlabforum

lcmlabforum

Reaction score
While I have seen my share of bad placement, without looking at the bone images, not knowing
if there was a bone cleft, fixation plate, I would not jump to judge the decision or skills of the surgeon.
LCM

2thm8kr

2thm8kr

Beanosavedmysociallife
Reaction score
While I have seen my share of bad placement, without looking at the bone images, not knowing
if there was a bone cleft, fixation plate, I would not jump to judge the decision or skills of the surgeon.
LCM
I would, look at the defect in the buccal plate in the scans. There was no planning except to put money in their pocket IMO.

buccal plate.png

sidesh0wb0b

sidesh0wb0b

Donator
Reaction score
put it to sleep and do a single wing maryland bridge
or
say no