Noritake SMTL

S

sirmorty

Reaction score
Anyone using this material?

I bought a couple pucks , but I'm having a few issues with sintering. I know each furnace is different but I found what they suggested it was under fired. Opaque looking.

I'm increasing the hold time to try and get it dialed in but still having some issues.

Anyone have any tips?

thanks

CreDes

CreDes

Reaction score
I bought most of the shades and tried to get them to come out right, but could not. I tried 2 different ovens, different programs and even changed my elements, but all shades were too chromatic. The A2 came out as an A3 etc. I sent it all back. I could not get an A1 or B1. Frustrating. Most people love this stuff.

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
I bought most of the shades and tried to get them to come out right, but could not. I tried 2 different ovens, different programs and even changed my elements, but all shades were too chromatic. The A2 came out as an A3 etc. I sent it all back. I could not get an A1 or B1. Frustrating. Most people love this stuff.
Anyone using this material?

I bought a couple pucks , but I'm having a few issues with sintering. I know each furnace is different but I found what they suggested it was under fired. Opaque looking.

I'm increasing the hold time to try and get it dialed in but still having some issues.

Anyone have any tips?

thanks
I'm gonna sound like a twerp, but did you guys check your oven temps? That's most of why 'each furnace is different' aside from the heat pattern, which should be uniform at the tray level if the design engineers did their jobs right. I know that can be a stretch, but it an assumption we all have to make.

CreDes

CreDes

Reaction score
Yeah, you sound like a twerp. Lol, just kidding! One of my ovens is a Mihm Vogt that is only 8 months old and everything else sinters very well in it. I tried different final sintering temps and even did a fast cycle. All of the results were the same. I'm not sure how to check the exact temperature, but with both furnaces and different programs on each one having the same results, I am at a loss with what to do.

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
Yeah, you sound like a twerp. Lol, just kidding! One of my ovens is a Mihm Vogt that is only 8 months old and everything else sinters very well in it. I tried different final sintering temps and even did a fast cycle. All of the results were the same. I'm not sure how to check the exact temperature, but with both furnaces and different programs on each one having the same results, I am at a loss with what to do.
Here's a good start:
http://dentallabnetwork.com/forums/threads/oven-temp-check-rings-free.25213/

And @user name was kind enough to share his efforts step by step with his Mihm here:
http://dentallabnetwork.com/forums/threads/im-trying-a-test.24951/

Sda36

Sda36

Reaction score
Just to throw this in the mix, I always stack 2 dishes, uppermost is the working dish to get it closer to the thermocouple where there furnace temp is actually being read from. Also helps in full wrap around heat. Always verify temp readings with a PCTR Ring, no guessing required [emoji4] Once you get everything dialed in keep That ring as your control to return Home[emoji115][emoji4]

Sent from my LG-H812 using Tapatalk

eyeloveteeth

eyeloveteeth

Reaction score
The Noritake stuff is great. I cannot stress enough that there isn't a true puck out there that represents the shade we need because our ovens are ALL DIFFERENT. So we figure out the shade that works for us and order accordingly.

The only thing I have to compalin abotu the Noritake product is that it seems to have some rough wear on burs, more so than Sagemax and 3M Lava Zr materials.

S

sirmorty

Reaction score
I will try lifting the tray in the furnace. See if that helps.

Yeah it's a bit of a pain to get these dialed in. Like you said with every furnace being different. And how long it takes to sinter it feels like forever.