Nobel ASC FCZs

R

RJS8669

Reaction score
Anyone else having issues designing these crowns? I can't get past the validation. Really frustrating...

WDL-Cali-Cad-Man

WDL-Cali-Cad-Man

Reaction score
Yes. i hate doing these, you have to add and smooth away where it shows "red" until you get it to pass validation. I talked to the main Nobel support engineer and said they are working on a fix for that, but i wont hold my breath ;p lol theres my 2 cents. hope that helps.

S

sirmorty

Reaction score
Your not the only one. I found the more I made changes with sculpting, the more problems there were with validation. Wish I could be helpful but I find that you kind of have to accept a less then ideal contour, just to get it to pass.

JohnWilson

JohnWilson

Reaction score
Inside of 3shape do not rely on the red as your only guide. I use the "blank' slider to see what's up, it fails more because of designs that are outside the blank rather than inside the spec. This is especially the case on all NON asc zirc abutments. After all the NP CC failures they increased their specs for it to pass validation

In parametric, be mindful of your freeshape moves, Do not use snap to anything it is a waste of pixels in my opinion. Also when you get to sculpt never ever have "sculpt under margin line clicked" this will send you to the nut house for sure

Yes they are a pain in the ass and the emergence on that hideous cad base is horrid too.

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
I would like to use the asc screw on custom abutments.

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
Thats why they do not sell the screw separately (at least as I understand it)
:)
Actually,the asc screw works on a medentica tI base,but I never told you that.;)

JohnWilson

JohnWilson

Reaction score
Actually,the asc screw works on a medentica tI base,but I never told you that.;)

Yeah and all the dynamic abutment screws work just as good on dess bases as well

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
I think Nobel wants to use up their old stock of Procera abutment inserts before offering a decent asc tI base.

JohnWilson

JohnWilson

Reaction score
its actually a really slick and prudent mechanical retention design that makes great sense. only problem is the damn offset on the conical, I loved it on the replace

R

RJS8669

Reaction score
Inside of 3shape do not rely on the red as your only guide. I use the "blank' slider to see what's up, it fails more because of designs that are outside the blank rather than inside the spec. This is especially the case on all NON asc zirc abutments. After all the NP CC failures they increased their specs for it to pass validation

In parametric, be mindful of your freeshape moves, Do not use snap to anything it is a waste of pixels in my opinion. Also when you get to sculpt never ever have "sculpt under margin line clicked" this will send you to the nut house for sure

Yes they are a pain in the ass and the emergence on that hideous cad base is horrid too.

I was doing this, but - almost without fail - there would one or two tiny areas that I simply couldn't do anything with. Fortunately, Nobel is losing market share in this area, and if there's anything I can do to hasten their demise...

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
The mistake I was encountering was in the order manager.
I was selecting np asc abutments instead of selecting np fcz implant crown.

This was preventing me from processing and sending my design.

JohnWilson

JohnWilson

Reaction score
The mistake I was encountering was in the order manager.
I was selecting np asc abutments instead of selecting np fcz implant crown.

This was preventing me from processing and sending my design.

Ill be honest I have never had them process any zirc full contour, well thats not totally true back when I was using their optical scanner before 3shape I got some chalk back,

I know they are constantly updating their product lines, and its no secret all ceramic abutments are always in my opinion going to be problematic. However most of the time I see a fracture its at the interface because the dr used the screw to try and pull the abutment to position (another horrible design flaw in my opinion) The emergence flair for wall thickness is not were I ever see an issue unless the damn fixture is leaning 30 degrees.

Nobel is a fine company that over thinks their offerings to protect the consumer, while technologically a leader at one time I believe they are slow to release certain strategies and by the time they have everything bullet proof the curve has long passed them.

While if you look at a growth chart for the top 3 tier one Implant companies you will see rather flat growth but marketshare is also changing as there are so many more OPPORTUNITIES for the gp to get into implant dentistry for much less using clone or 3rd party fixtures.

As more of the big players start their alliances and mergers the industry will constantly shift. In my local Area Nobel is still the king but Straumann is really making strides.

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
Its back and forth between Nobel and Straumann here. Biohorizons has replaced 3I which had become blacklisted before it's merger with Zimmer.
I've told the reps I will use their original parts when the zirconia improves and I can have as smooth a workflow as Argen provides.

I get the tough cases from prosthodontists so I need options and work arounds that the big boys don't always provide.

Atlantis can pound sand.

Top Bottom