New Yenadent D15 milling machine

M

Matiz vasile

Reaction score
So i asked 3 big milling centres about yenadent. The same answer: do not buy.
So back to imes.

M

Matiz vasile

Reaction score
One of them had the d43 and another d15 and d43. These are big milling centres that have laser sintering. The yenadent support is bad. Even called the turkish factory but no support.
I just say what they told me.
I really wanted to buy a d15. Good price and mills metal. Maybe to good to be truth?

Drizzt

Drizzt

Reaction score
One of them had the d43 and another d15 and d43. These are big milling centres that have laser sintering. The yenadent support is bad. Even called the turkish factory but no support.
I just say what they told me.
I really wanted to buy a d15. Good price and mills metal. Maybe to good to be truth?

Look , I was one of the first who bought the D15 . I have it for 1 and a half year now . I am not saying that it is the best machine in the world , but it is the best value for money machine in the world IMO . Where do you live ? D15 , with 2.5 KW spindle , 5 axis and chiller for the spindle is ideal as a all around machine . If you plan on milling 50 units of metal per day then no , it is not the machine for you . But if you want to mill e.g. 5 metal units , and another 10 zirconia , and another 10 PMMA or something like this , then it is more than capable to handle this kind of workload .

zero_zero

zero_zero

Reaction score
The yenadent support is bad. Even called the turkish factory but no support.....

I've talked with the guys from Yena and needless to say, they sounded very helpful and went into great technical detail about their mills...even called me from their dinner table given the 9 hour time difference we got...

T

Torquadon

Reaction score
So i asked 3 big milling centres about yenadent. The same answer: do not buy.
So back to imes.

Look , I was one of the first who bought the D15 . I have it for 1 and a half year now . I am not saying that it is the best machine in the world , but it is the best value for money machine in the world IMO . Where do you live ? D15 , with 2.5 KW spindle , 5 axis and chiller for the spindle is ideal as a all around machine . If you plan on milling 50 units of metal per day then no , it is not the machine for you . But if you want to mill e.g. 5 metal units , and another 10 zirconia , and another 10 PMMA or something like this , then it is more than capable to handle this kind of workload .

asking milling centers. great idea.

of course they will tell you do not buy. they dont want competition.

All that, plus @Drizzt, you would be supriesed about D15 with stronger spindle and a chiller, we have been milling over 30 units a day since half a year with it, it is doing great.

D

deepjack

Reaction score
Hi there, could you please give advice D15s or D43? for me as a layman difference $9K is not clear. i want to buy the d15 cuz it's new one, but d43 do the same tasks and costs lower.

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
d15 is a tabletop unit, with optional table and wet milling.

d15 spindle power much lower than d43

d15 much smaller work envelope - much more dedicated to dental. d43 has 100mm more travel, meaning it can be changed from dental machining to traditional 5axis cnc for machining cubes of aluminum or medical ti.

d43 has 24 tool holders, 15 has 12.

seems pretty clear to me the biggest difference is in the size, weight, travel of axes, and spindle power.

D

deepjack

Reaction score
d15 is a tabletop unit, with optional table and wet milling.

d15 spindle power much lower than d43

d15 much smaller work envelope - much more dedicated to dental. d43 has 100mm more travel, meaning it can be changed from dental machining to traditional 5axis cnc for machining cubes of aluminum or medical ti.

d43 has 24 tool holders, 15 has 12.

seems pretty clear to me the biggest difference is in the size, weight, travel of axes, and spindle power.

Thank you for clarification, but yesterday i asked yenadent company send me the pricelist, there was new machine d15S, which performs all the funtions of d43, including titan, ceramic, and the spindle power the same 2.7kW as in the d43, but d43 has 24 tool changers, d15s 12, it is just one difference between them. D15S costs 41'000eu, d43 50'000eu. ie an additional 12 сhanger costs 9000 euros! Are they worth it?

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
whoever was telling you that was probably talking a lot of crap.

D15Sif it was the 'same' as D43 would be completely useless.

but lets break down the use of 12 tools vs 24 for a moment.

you need 4 tools in most cam systems. a big roughing tool, a finer roughing tool, a fine milling tool and a high detail ultrafine milling tool. some CAM breaks it down as 3, 2, 1, 0.6mm and some cam breaks it down to 2, 1, 0.6, 0.3mm

however your cam does it, 12 tool pockets means you have a diamond set for zr, a plated set for ti, a diamond grinding set for emax, and any single replacement tool for highly used tools, like 4 x 1mm in their own pockets to be used in case of immediate breakage.

with 24, you can store two sets of each so that you don't need downtime. in the dental world, this is pretty overkill. there arent many people pushing the boundaries of manufacturing of cocr and medical titanium enough to merit this kind of tool pocketing. if you are the kind of person to create your own toolpaths and templates and tool strategies, you would need this many tool pockets because you would be constantly re-inventing the process. you would also be needing the extra travel limits of the 43. and if you were engineering your own machining templates you probably wouldn't have bought a 'dental' mill to begin with.

but as i've said, i am highly skeptical that the 15s and the 43 are in any way similar. it is my estimation that the 15s is merely the 15 shipped with the 'optional' table and wet milling package that you ordinarily would pay extra for when you buy the 15.

it may also be, that the 15s is shipped with the same spindle as the 43, but it would have the smaller travel limits of the 15.

making it predictably, pretty useless.

it has been mentioned before in this very thread that Yenadent arent fantastic with their support, and it wouldn't surprise me to see they just copy-pasted from the 43 hoping you couldn't tell the difference and the difference wouldnt matter.

their website certainly seems to show this to be true. a lot of copy pasting going on, very little discernible data apart from photos.

zero_zero

zero_zero

Reaction score
D43 is a heavier frame with a stronger spindle, not sure about it's servos...it has a different controller also. Supports their quick disk change attachment I believe and a premill holder which allows fast cuts on their premilled blanks using continuous rotation.

Drizzt

Drizzt

Reaction score
Spindle can be the same , but D43 is better for metal milling and it supports the 3R attachment which can be really useful . Premilled abutment milling is better with D43.

Drizzt

Drizzt

Reaction score
"it has been mentioned before in this very thread that Yenadent arent fantastic with their support, and it wouldn't surprise me to see they just copy-pasted from the 43 hoping you couldn't tell the difference and the difference wouldnt matter.''

Not true . I have been supported every time I needed them for the past 4 years . As with all companies , you will hear good and bad things . My experience is good. This is the reason I bought a second machine from them .

People get a bit confused sometimes. They think they will buy a machine with 30.000 euros , and perform as a machine of 100.000 euros . IMO Yenadent machines are not perfect , as no machine in my opinion is , but they are great value for money . You get more than you pay .

Drizzt

Drizzt

Reaction score
Hi there, could you please give advice D15s or D43? for me as a layman difference $9K is not clear. i want to buy the d15 cuz it's new one, but d43 do the same tasks and costs lower.

What do you want to do with the machine ? Mill metal all day ? Mill wet and dry ? Mill only Zirconia , PMMA , Wax ? Mill titanium ? What is the size of your lab ?

M

mddrsrank

Reaction score
Hi,
I received my D15 last week, with 20 tool holder.
it is D15W with implant and premill cam.

T

Torquadon

Reaction score
About differences between D15 and D43. When you asked there was none as long as you paid for stronger spindle on D15. I mean any significant differences, sure D43 was bigger and had more tool sockets, but nothing to justify 9k difference in price. It also had its own set of problems, because it has tool holder on right hand side rather than on left hand side, therefore using different post-processor.

But that was then. Now D43 has something only DC40 had before, detachable holder and this gives you so many more possibilities. Yena offer multiple holder for abutment prefabs and for emax, so you can mill 20 prefabs or 16 emax blocks at the same time.

They also offer D6 now. It has 2 holders, 3 98mm disk each, so you can leave machine unattended to mill 6 different materials without complication of disk changer, or you can mill 36 emax blocks in one go.

Now I understand some people prefer Imes iCore machines, but in my opinion Yena have so much more to offer. As for their support, among dental companies I have been working with till now, they are better than most of them, although if you are expecting 24h support which answer your tickets the same min you submit them it is not going to happen.

T

Torquadon

Reaction score

We have been milling 40 units of metal a day since a year and it is absolutely fine. We have 2.5KW spindle, wet mill although with synthetic oil, so not suitable if you need to mil zirconia on it.

T

Torquadon

Reaction score
Lol, I forgot I posted in this thread months before :) But it proves how good D15 is. Since over a year we have been milling metal with it, at the beginning around 30 units a day,now around 40 (sometimes more, I believe record is 54 milled within 24h). Very reliable, very accurate, best buy in CAD/CAM department so far.