New Toys

REJ

REJ

Reaction score
Got in my newest milling machines last week, we should get them running tomorrow. I'll send some updates throughout the process.
4099-a.jpg
[/IMG]
4100-a.jpg

4100-a.jpg

4108-img-1723.jpg

C

charles007

Reaction score
Finally a 240i in a lab.. baby brother 240 playing with big brother 450..
Is this going to be a smack down one round fight, or can little brother hold his own playing with non-metallic toys..
4 axis vs 5 axis, let the games start playing ..

NicelyMKV

NicelyMKV

Reaction score
Ill be more then happy to do some testing with that 450 for you;);) just ship it my way...

Vazone

Vazone

Reaction score
nice! do you work on both ?
I have 550 and thinking on second one smaller

REJ

REJ

Reaction score
We just got them installed and have the head guys in from Imes this week. I'll post some pics and videos but so far they are pretty impressively built machines, the little guy weighs in at around 250 pounds and the 450 was close to 400 pounds. We got the wet and metal kits and I will post some results and maybe seek advice about what some of you guys have found that have milled more metal. The 450 has 6mm tools and has a bigger spindle for titanium and non precious. They both take 3 ceramic blocks, like emax, empress or lava ultimate at a time.

Sevan P

Sevan P

Reaction score
OH SNAP KID! Nice choices! Keeps us posted. What Cam software are you gonna run? Sum3D, V4, V5? Who you got for imes Christopher?

Last edited:
REJ

REJ

Reaction score
Jason we'll have to have you stop in for those experiments or i could do some test cuts for you, that thing was hard enough to carry up the first time. (second floor milling center face palm, I know better just had no other space for our volume until I can do some construction.)

REJ

REJ

Reaction score
Hey Sevan, Christoph and Michael, Just got back from steaks(Midwest right),We have the V5 and the v4 is ordered to see the difference. You guys run a 340 right? Vazone, I will work on both for sure. We should have all operational tomorrow. I think the 550 is sweet but have to have a new room made since they are on a second floor. How is the 550 so far. In my opinion it is not a huge edge for just zirconia over 450 just faster at metal. They have some pretty cool new machines coming at IDS, (maybe Chicago;)

Sevan P

Sevan P

Reaction score
Yes we have the 340I and the V4 software but now are running the 340i off of Sum3D. One hell of a machine!

Tell Christopher and Michael to stop by SoCal on their way back to Germany and pay us a Visit.

Last edited:
ParkwayDental

ParkwayDental

Reaction score
I am jealous the 450i is the next mill I will be getting to go along with our others.

REJ

REJ

Reaction score
Yes we have the 340I and the V4 software but now are running the 340i off of Sum3D. One hell of a machine!

Tell Christopher and Michael to stop by SoCal on their way back to Germany and pay us a Visit.
I think it is just a quick stop. They may be back for Chicago for the debut of some new machines.

REJ

REJ

Reaction score
I am jealous the 450i is the next mill I will be getting to go along with our others.

Just let me know if you ever want to come check it out, maybe Jason and You can carpool. It is pretty sick so far really fast and well built for the money. Honestly a lot of the features from Imes-Icore are the same as in the really expensive mills. We will start cutting some metal tomorrow most likely. We are in the process of becoming the first certified service company for their machines here.

Sevan P

Sevan P

Reaction score
Just let me know if you ever want to come check it out, maybe Jason and You can carpool. It is pretty sick so far really fast and well built for the money. Honestly a lot of the features from Imes-Icore are the same as in the really expensive mills. We will start cutting some metal tomorrow most likely. We are in the process of becoming the first certified service company for their machines here.

We just changed out the timing belts on our 340i, your gonna need that training. These machines are built crazy German style! We call ours the German Tank! LOL Which Remote software are you running the machines off of and what type of interface are their newer machines on, USB Serial, LTP? We have some weird ass LTP to some odd connections. Our remote software does not have and auto start like the Rolands v-panel, we have to manually load the file and start the milling process.

Last edited:
REJ

REJ

Reaction score
Yep we get that training soon. Definitely before midwinter. We run the imes remote software. Seems pretty user friendly but definitely industrial grade, the interface varies slightly by model due to variances in controller inputs. Obviously difference in the range between steppers up to full linear controls. The 450 is usb the 240 is serial.

Sevan P

Sevan P

Reaction score
Yep we get that training soon. Definitely before midwinter. We run the imes remote software. Seems pretty user friendly but definitely industrial grade, the interface varies slightly by model due to variances in controller inputs. Obviously difference in the range between steppers up to full linear controls. The 450 is usb the 240 is serial.

NICE!

Yeah that remote software can do a lot more then you think. FYI never run the Work Point zero with anything in the holder, or else CRACK! Ask Micheal and Christopher if they are still there. :p

Last edited:
REJ

REJ

Reaction score
They are up in the air now we shall see them soon at the service certification training. Probably in January as time is flying by in this year. We should be able to take apart and build the machines after that.:). I like that it lets you set your own tool life and such and run sister tool functionality, that will save us tons this year.

S

STJDENT

Reaction score
Why Sum3D? In what way is it better than the V4/V5? Thinking myself on a 550 or 450. I'll mill much NP.

Just heard that "soft" CoCr come out. It should be sintered in argon atmosphere. Anyone who know more about it?

REJ

REJ

Reaction score
There is the issue of cost, it is much more expensive for the green state discs from what I have seen, also it is only supported to 4 units as apparently it can warp like zirconia during sintering. You also need either a special furnace with argon or a special sintering compartment. Does anyone know how much it would shrink?