New low-cost noble alloys

• Thread starter Benchmark Dental Studio
  • Start date
B

Benchmark Dental Studio

Reaction score
Is anyone using Zahn's PenCeram noble alloy? What are your experiences? Positives? Negatives?
Thanks for your input.

Gru

Gru

Reaction score
I've used it, no complaints. Works with inLine, Vita VM-13 fine. I now have most of my metal printed, so I'm not using it so much.

Dave at Dale

Dave at Dale

Reaction score
Hi Gru. Which noble metal are you getting printed?

R

Rugardave

Reaction score
We use it. treat it just like non-precious cause that's how it solders. With non-p solder. We also use powdered opaque and hot plate. Completely dry to Op. before firing. we had problemsw/ paste opaq. bubbleing and blowing holes, no matter how long we heated them. We use this for singles only.

J

jack1

Reaction score
I recently started to use this penceram noble, I'm having cracks in my porcelain that doesn't go away after multiple firings, I'm following the manufacturer's instructions step by step but still getting those cracks,driving me crazy !! I'm using Noritake ex3, any help would be highly appreciated!!

T

TomMor

Reaction score
Argen makes two similar metals . I believe it was noble bond that worked well with ex3. Also I used noritake universal paste opaque. Check the cooling time with argen tech support.

J

jack1

Reaction score
Argen makes two similar metals . I believe it was noble bond that worked well with ex3. Also I used noritake universal paste opaque. Check the cooling time with argen tech support.

I talked to Pentron.. they suggested 3-4 min. cooling!!.. no problems so far!!!

L

labmanmike

Reaction score
These type of metals are extremely technique sensitive. They will work great for a while and them...problems occur. Frog eyes, cracks etc. I've tried all the brands of this type and all are pretty much the same. New crucibles, new clean metal, review your torch settings, the BA opaque from Noratake seems to be a good thing.

R

Randy Keyes

Reaction score
I recently started to use this penceram noble, I'm having cracks in my porcelain that doesn't go away after multiple firings, I'm following the manufacturer's instructions step by step but still getting those cracks,driving me crazy !! I'm using Noritake ex3, any help would be highly appreciated!!
Hey Jack, I use Noritake ex-3 as well. I havent had any cracking problems, but i did have issues with bubbles popping mostly during the second opaque. I bumped the heat up and make sure they are dry and havent had much problem sence.Double check smoothness of project, other than that not sure about the cracking. Maybe an oven prob more than the porcelain. I have used Noritake for many many years. thx