need to buy mill and oven advice

D

dentcre

Reaction score
need to get a mill and sinter oven,
any thought on Jensen preciso mill and dekema oven?

other alternatives mill and over max 30 k?

R

Ryan Gottlieb

Reaction score
How did you come up with the $30k?
If your financing, the difference in payments are minimal when you compare 30k to 50k. I'm not saying you automatically should go for the more expensive, just advising you to define your needs and not to compromise on the equipment based on price alone.

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
indeed ryan, however he may have come to 30k based on the conclusion that his units will not being enough margin of profit to merit financing over 30k

he may indeed have defined his needs as "only for zirconia" hence the mill+oven deal.

also, 30k machines don't typically draw a lot of power, nor require their own independent air source, nor require heavy maintenance.

so he is looking for a simple solution to cater to a limited crowd, and either will not or cannot devote more resources (cost as well as time, effort, and power) to using the tool to its most capable.

edited to add: maybe dwx40 and a shenpaz. i hear those two are cheap.

Glenn Kennedy

Glenn Kennedy

Reaction score
"edited to add: maybe dwx40 and a shenpaz. i hear those two are cheap."

Correction: DWX-4
4 axis, automatic tool changer, $17,995 with CAM software.

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
yes, of course glen. my bad.

D

dentcre

Reaction score
thanks, well I already have a 3 shape scanner and been using it for 2 years and is time for me to get the mill since I am paying close to 3 k per month
to my milling center to mill my full countours and copings. so if I finance 30 k , I can make the payment and pay materials for under 1k per month.

2 person small lab, ,I figured 30k because that's what Jensen sell the mill and dekema oven .
also saw that new small roland and for the 18k price is not a bad option.
just wanted to get some opinions and options out there

Last edited:
cadfan

cadfan

Reaction score
2 K x 12 x 3 68 K thats my math normaly you do this over 3 years so 2K a month x 36 is 68 K 1 K material you make 200 crowns

Glenn Kennedy

Glenn Kennedy

Reaction score
Dentcre,

If you are spending 3K/month to outsource your milling and you already have a scanner you might want to consider our DWX-50 mill. You can use our online calculator to plug in your own numbers and get an idea of return on investment (ROI). You can also contact one of our resellers to get a more detailed quote and ROI calculation. If you would like to contact a reseller feel free to PM me or give use a call at Roland DGA.

http://www.rolanddga.com/solutions/dental/roicalculator/

-Glenn

D

dentcre

Reaction score
yes I spoke with Tom over at CAP. he thinks the 50 is the best choice, Im predicting that my zirconia bill will double in the next year so I have to do this.
the 50 set up is 50k

T

Tony Garcia

Reaction score
Dentcre,

Look into Talladium, They offer their Mastermill milling unit , and Mastermill Oven both for around 30k, 2 year warrenty, awesome tech support, and offering 25 free zirconia discs with purchase. Here is our youtube link for a quick look.

Ask for Tony

biodentg

biodentg

Reaction score
4 axis.
Roland dwx50 is 5 axis
I'll stay with CAP

T

Tony Garcia

Reaction score
If you need to mill custom abumptments then yes 5 axis. Most labs never mill custom abumptments. Don't believe the 5 axis hype. Mastermill runs circles around the Roland machine, and offers better support and warranty.
Mastermill $25k includes cam software and computer.
Mastermill oven 8k, and includes 2nd set of heating elements.

C

charles007

Reaction score
Talladium also has a newer 5 axis version of the Mastermill/vhf also, aprox 39k including cam, and a model with a 8 disk changer. These newer models are like the Select mills but priced lower with different cams..

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
I mill abutments all day on a 4 axis mill, whats the hype?

Terry Whitty

Terry Whitty

Reaction score
Hi
If you need to mill custom abumptments then yes 5 axis. Most labs never mill custom abumptments. Don't believe the 5 axis hype. Mastermill runs circles around the Roland machine, and offers better support and warranty.
Mastermill $25k includes cam software and computer.
Mastermill oven 8k, and includes 2nd set of heating elements.
Hi Tony, just out of curiosity what is your experience with Roland support to say that someone else's is better?
I'm sure Roland are always looking for ways to improve so any real world comments would be appreciated.

cadfan

cadfan

Reaction score
yes I spoke with Tom over at CAP. he thinks the 50 is the best choice, Im predicting that my zirconia bill will double in the next year so I have to do this.
the 50 set up is 50k

Be sure you need no wet option its another world !!!!

Sam-CAP

Sam-CAP

Reaction score
Mastermill runs circles around the Roland machine, and offers better support and warranty.

Pffh, the VHF is a good and decent mill but this is a little over blown. Clearly you have never heard of CAP Support. ;)

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
don't let it get your back up.

one doc we have been trying to absorb as a customer recently told us all his friends were sending back their trios units. in this small town, nobody has a trios but the one i myself placed on the other end of town.

i think he thought we said Kois.

Bobby Orr ceramics

Bobby Orr ceramics

Reaction score
Dentcre,

Look into Talladium, They offer their Mastermill milling unit , and Mastermill Oven both for around 30k, 2 year warrenty, awesome tech support, and offering 25 free zirconia discs with purchase. Here is our youtube link for a quick look.

Ask for Tony

just bought 2 MasterMill units and the sintering oven. they rock!!!

T

Tony Garcia

Reaction score
Hi

Hi Tony, just out of curiosity what is your experience with Roland support to say that someone else's is better?
I'm sure Roland are always looking for ways to improve so any real world comments would be appreciated.

Hi Terry,

We sold the Roland DWX-50 for quite sometime, and we used one in our milling center. I have to say overall it's a good milling unit, and no machine is perfect, we just ran into to many issues with it needing to be calibrated on a weekly basis. We also ran into other issues that we can't get into, but a few labs we sold to had there unit replaced several times, it seemed insead of figuring out the real problem they would just rather replace the machine.

I'm sure things are better now.

Top Bottom