Need something to keep crowns from falling off

doug

doug

Reaction score
I think DVA make some stuff in a tube you can express out a little and it will make the crowns stay in place nicely, easy to clean also.

EJADA

EJADA

Reaction score
Ok I tried the ky. They stayed on great. 3 of 7 had gray at margin area. Firing again to try to burn off rest. Will try to remove more of ky inside on next round.

EJADA

EJADA

Reaction score
image.jpg
This was after another firing. Gonna have to grind off gray and try again. Crud.

Last edited:
Z

ztech

Reaction score
I use a small dot of white utility wax. It is soft enough and tacky enough to do the job but it will peel off and leave almost not residue for firing.

Marcusthegladiator CDT

Marcusthegladiator CDT

Reaction score
DVA Tac Gel
dva-tac-gel-adhesiv_1.jpg

Or send it back to the metal guy and tell him they are too loose.

EJADA

EJADA

Reaction score
I think some of the ky got on the outside before I started building and I didn't get it all wiped off. As to California. Not opening that can as many wouldn't be able to stay professional and I want to keep this thread professional.

M

MasterCeramist

Reaction score
Try the chap stick, not runny, just get some on the cusp tips and seat copings burns out clean never a problem.

dmonwaxa

dmonwaxa

Reaction score
I think some of the ky got on the outside before I started building and I didn't get it all wiped off. As to California. Not opening that can as many wouldn't be able to stay professional and I want to keep this thread professional.

As for being professional ....it's too late Rob's on here...:D Just kidding Rob!

EJADA, if if you have to use a lot to hold on the copings something is wrong; its a design problem either in prep form or the copings. I agree with MasterCeramist, you need something with more viscosity, in this case "chapstick" = (gluestick) in school supplies department. Or, as an alternative you can use honey. I personally use the gluesticks or the store brand (KY Jelly) lubricating gel found in supermarkets.

EJADA

EJADA

Reaction score
For the record everyone. They fit great. This case is almost a full arch rehab. 24 units. Just need a tiny bit of added help keeping things from moving while working on them. The advice is awesome, giving the Chapstick idea a shot this morning. So far they hold on great but haven't fired anything yet. Going to try real hard to make sure the Chapstick is cleaned out of inside before I fire.

Thx EJADA

dmonwaxa

dmonwaxa

Reaction score
No need to clean, burns out clean, just use no more than a 2x2 mm on facial or incisal/occlusal intaglio.

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
i love how the majority response is to use an.al lube

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
if you're going to walmart, don't buy

-flashlight
-cotton balls
-latex gloves
-vaseline

people look at you strange.

zero_zero

zero_zero

Reaction score
I could only imagine the cashier's face when I've sent our delivery guy to buy four tubes of KY....:D:D:D

2thm8kr

2thm8kr

Beanosavedmysociallife
Reaction score
Do you speak from personal experience?