NEED HELP Dental Wings - Create Split Bridge?

Bryce Hiller

Bryce Hiller

Reaction score
Doing a 4 unit bridge: 28 abut, 29 and 30 pontics, 31 abut. Want to do keyway between 31 abut and 30 pontic. Can anybody explain to me how to do this? Can't get any help through tech support. Thanks!!

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
<smart alek> Install Exocad<smart alek>

Dude, just couldn't help it. Seriously, hope you find an answer.

BobCDT

BobCDT

Reaction score
Call Straumann tech support. They own DW.

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
Doing a 4 unit bridge: 28 abut, 29 and 30 pontics, 31 abut. Want to do keyway between 31 abut and 30 pontic. Can anybody explain to me how to do this? Can't get any help through tech support. Thanks!!
If you can notfind a totalLy digital way, do you have the gate and key / male and female to do a waxup then scan? I know it is not the best solution, but it is one that would work.

Jenners

Jenners

Reaction score
If you right click on the restoration, there's a selection in the drop down menu called "add attachment items". You can choose between kits and male/female parts.

Bryce Hiller

Bryce Hiller

Reaction score
If you right click on the restoration, there's a selection in the drop down menu called "add attachment items". You can choose between kits and male/female parts.
Yeah, i've tried that route. But it won't let me select female, only male.

Bryce Hiller

Bryce Hiller

Reaction score
<smart alek> Install Exocad<smart alek>

Dude, just couldn't help it. Seriously, hope you find an answer.
I can assure you, when we upgrade our CAD or add a CAD, it will definitely NOT be a DW system.

eyeloveteeth

eyeloveteeth

Reaction score
yeah you need to just harass Strauman.... unfortunately most of us don't use DW software AND the way they have the system gated is WAY too confusing

Bryce Hiller

Bryce Hiller

Reaction score
yeah you need to just harass Strauman.... unfortunately most of us don't use DW software AND the way they have the system gated is WAY too confusing
i'll try that. I came to work at our lab after my father-in-law (also, the owner) had already purchased the CAD that Zahn pushed for him to get. I havent used Exo or 3Shape, but Dental Wings drives me absolutely batty. The software just seems....buggy. Errors all the time for no apparent reason that I can find (and I'm extremely tech savvy). I'll be looking forward to switching to (more than likely) ExoCad when the time is right.

PDC

PDC

Reaction score
i'll try that. I came to work at our lab after my father-in-law (also, the owner) had already purchased the CAD that Zahn pushed for him to get. I havent used Exo or 3Shape, but Dental Wings drives me absolutely batty. The software just seems....buggy. Errors all the time for no apparent reason that I can find (and I'm extremely tech savvy). I'll be looking forward to switching to (more than likely) ExoCad when the time is right.

You've got to use the Preci Verti attachment to have a female shown. It's in the attachment library.

COM-170807-1_SC_STATION_CAD_UI_1_1503075362354.png

Bryce Hiller

Bryce Hiller

Reaction score
So do i order the two units that i want to keyway as a bridge order?

Bryce Hiller

Bryce Hiller

Reaction score
i got to here. but every time i route forward the order, the female doesnt merge onto the molar. How do i do that?

Attachments

• keyway.PNG
    keyway.PNG
    687.7 KB · Views: 14
Top Bottom