NATIONAL TV CAMPAIGN

V

VTDave

Reaction score
dmonwaxa,

If a patients calls...I gladly answer any questions. I welcome the opportunity.

...but we should and we can talk to patients...and the general public. It's as simple as wearing a t-shirt or holding a mug that has a graphic as simple as my avatar (or look at ***'s current avatar) to get a conversation going with the general public. I have been stopped by dentist and the general public because of my t-shirt "Lab is good." Once you get the conversation going you can say whatever it is that you want to say about the dental industry...you can tell them you support outsourcing and why...or if you don't believe in outsourcing you can tell them the pros and cons. You can tell them about CAD/ CAM or you can tell them about the handcrafted art. T-shirts and mugs are one way...there are many other creative ways to start the conversation to educate the general public.

We have to speak up...if we want to become visible.
Many labs told me it was illegal for them to talk to a patient. It's not true but that's how much they dislike talking to anyone. I tried to explain that I have allergies to materials and needed to know exactly what was going into the crowns, but got no sympathy. Talking to my dentist was no help. I have never met a dentist who actually knows exactly what is in the materials. One told me my crowns were zircon. That's all he would say. That didn't help me at all.

I had to write to the CEO of the lab to get him to tell his people to talk to me. It was only then that I found out that it was Noritake Cerabien ceramic. Then it took me a long time to find out from Henry Shein exactly what was in the Cerabien. I found that it has a small amount of lithium oxide. Since I had had a previous adverse reaction to the lithium oxide containing emax it seems probable that I am sensitive to lithium disilicates. Studies have shown that lithium disilicates are more cytotoxic than traditional ceramics.

So now I know to ask for materials that have no lithium oxide. Problem is that the dentists often don't know what is in the ceramic and don't care. They are trained to believe that it is not possible to be allergic or have any adverse reaction to a ceramic. I have had more than one tell me that. So I really need to talk to the lab to be certain what the materials are. I never want another lithium disilicate going into my mouth. It was extremely painful.

Core

Core

Reaction score
I think that most patients would prefer to know where their crowns come from. It's one reason why dentists are promoting those chairside CAD/CAM crowns in less than an hour. It sounds crazy but I wrote a blog on one last week.

dmonwaxa

dmonwaxa

Reaction score
I think that most patients would prefer to know where their crowns come from. It's one reason why dentists are promoting those chairside CAD/CAM crowns in less than an hour. It sounds crazy but I wrote a blog on one last week.

LINK ?

CatamountRob

CatamountRob

Banned Member
Reaction score
Haha. Most patients think their crowns are made somewhere in the dentists office and many of them think its the dentist making them.

LA Ceramics

LA Ceramics

Reaction score
Crowns in an hour?.....

OK

Hello I'm doctor _____

Anesthesia
Prep tooth
Take digital impression
Design in CAD
Tool path calculation
Mill unit
Check bite and contacts
Stain and glaze (never mind)
Cementation
Final check
Get the H out a my chair?

When monkeys fly out of my butt

Core

Core

Reaction score
It is the CEREC system, but I'm not going to mention the dentist's name. I don't think it was wise for me to come back to this site. Things have changed so much. Thank you and goodbye.

pjd cdt

pjd cdt

Reaction score
Asking for a link of a blog that you bring up sends you away?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

CatamountRob

CatamountRob

Banned Member
Reaction score
It is the CEREC system, but I'm not going to mention the dentist's name. I don't think it was wise for me to come back to this site. Things have changed so much. Thank you and goodbye.
Ciao paisan.

Last edited:
Core

Core

Reaction score
Asking for a link of a blog that you bring up sends you away?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Go to YouTube and search for CEREC on the Doctors or Dr. Phil. They promote it as a crown in 1/2 hour!

Core

Core

Reaction score
Crowns in an hour?.....

OK

Hello I'm doctor _____

Anesthesia
Prep tooth
Take digital impression
Design in CAD
Tool path calculation
Mill unit
Check bite and contacts
Cementation
Final check

Crowns in an hour?.....

OK

Hello I'm doctor _____

Anesthesia
Prep tooth
Take digital impression
Design in CAD
Tool path calculation
Mill unit
Check bite and contacts
Cementation
Final check

Take a look on Youtube: CEREC on the Doctors, Dr. Phil...amazingly it's in 1/2 hour!

CatamountRob

CatamountRob

Banned Member
Reaction score
Go to YouTube and search for CEREC on the Doctors or Dr. Phil. They promote it as a crown in 1/2 hour!
You're back! We are truly blessed.

LA Ceramics

LA Ceramics

Reaction score
My personal favorite quote from the cerec video?...."We take away the Lab"....good luck with that Doc!
Look at some of the comments from people about their experience with cerec....what a mess!