Multilink Abutment cement without monobond

J

John C

Reaction score
I have a Zirconia hybrid screw retained crown I need to cement. I ordered the multilink kit from Zahn but they only sent the cement refill and not the kit. Has anyone used this without the mono bond plus or the glycerin gel. The zr abutment is going on a 6mm high Straumann vario base. Will it hold?

A

adl

Reaction score
I have a Zirconia hybrid screw retained crown I need to cement. I ordered the multilink kit from Zahn but they only sent the cement refill and not the kit. Has anyone used this without the mono bond plus or the glycerin gel. The zr abutment is going on a 6mm high Straumann vario base. Will it hold?
You need the monobond,otherwise it won't work.

Sevan P

Sevan P

Reaction score
For a little while then it is bound to come off. Never had a a crown or abutment come off since I started to use multi link implant. And I do the entire procedure, no cutting corners.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

J

John C

Reaction score
Thanks for the replies. I will get the mono bond plus.

JohnWilson

JohnWilson

Reaction score
MONOBOND, is not MANDATORY but it has shown an improvement in adhesion.

You have to remember, zirconia does not etch, When you sandblast prior to cementation you creating micro mechanical retentions, unlike when working in the mouth we are not contaminating the field with saliva by doing it outside the mouth.

Read through this PDF if will teach you a bit about this product, the benefits are PROVEN but they are small at best and are not mandatory by any means.

http://www.ivoclarvivadent.com/zoolu-website/media/document/1001/Monobond+Plus

Sda36

Sda36

Reaction score
Lightly sandblast Ti abutment and Zr and apply ZirPrime Plus, from Bisco, on both units. Wait 7 minutes before bonding. Good to anodize abutment, if in the anterior at least, just in case there's and shadowing created post bonding from the abutment, thickness dependant of course.

Sevan P

Sevan P

Reaction score
Lightly sandblast Ti abutment and Zr and apply ZirPrime Plus, from Bisco, on both units. Wait 7 minutes before bonding. Good to anodize abutment, if in the anterior at least, just in case there's and shadowing created post bonding from the abutment, thickness dependant of course.

7 minutes!

Damn, could of cemented 5 abutments by then. Mono bond only requires 60seconds of set time.

Sda36

Sda36

Reaction score
7 minutes!

Damn, could of cemented 5 abutments by then. Mono bond only requires 60seconds of set time.
I just do it and bond later, an hour, next day, can't be too long. This material creates a good bond with the Ti and the zirconia, monobond is good on etched emax / ceramics.

Patrick Coon

Patrick Coon

Reaction score
I just do it and bond later, an hour, next day, can't be too long. This material creates a good bond with the Ti and the zirconia, monobond is good on etched emax / ceramics.

Actually Monobond + is made for Metal, Zirconia, and Glass Ceramics.

Top Bottom