Multidisciplinary Case

JPA

JPA

Reaction score
This patient came to my dental office with this interesting case. Absence of number 9 central incisor. The number 10 lateral is where number 9 should be and the canine is positioned where the lateral should be. What I did is 1) 4 month orthodontic treatment to gain some space to make a central out of a lateral incisor. 2) Gingival surgery to form gingival arches. 3) Root canal to the canine so that I could make a deep cut to make a lateral incisor out a canine. 4) Some bleaching not much. 5) Composite to the mesial angle of number 8. 6) 3 emax crowns (LT A2 210dentin, 140dentin, Incisal 1) to trasform the lateral into a central incisor, the canine into a lateral incisor and first premolar into a canine. Sorry if my english is not ideal. I'm a dentist from Guatemala, Central America. Aaron multidisciplinario.jpg

Last edited:
Tayebdental

Tayebdental

Tayeb S. CDT
Donator
Reaction score
JPA,
From what I see, this is a very nice job with great result and tremendous improvement. Good job.
I am sure the patient is extremely happy.:)

jackjabbour

jackjabbour

Reaction score
when i first saw this pic I thought not only is this good work from the technician, but better work from the Doctor…..then I read the post. Haha nice work Doc. I wish all my Docs were as skilled as you!! nice work!

M

MasterCeramist

Reaction score
I really like the fact the case seems well planned out including the use of orthodontics which can make a huge difference in case outcomes.

JPA

JPA

Reaction score
Thank you Masterceramist I included these 3 pics so that you can see the process.

2thm8kr

2thm8kr

Beanosavedmysociallife
Reaction score
Great case planning and execution JPA. Love it when the plan starts with the end in mind!

TheLabGuy

TheLabGuy

Just a Member
Reaction score
Nice work, did the patient ever give you a back story on why it happened? I'm guessing he lost #9, maybe trauma related or genetics, I imagine he had to be young, no? just curious is all.

RileyS

RileyS

Reaction score
Hey Chapin! Yo Vivi in Gautemala por dos anos! I would love some "Bahia" soda, atol de elote, and some pollo campero!
I like the planning and patience you took. Did you do the crown fabrication then?

JPA

JPA

Reaction score
Nice work, did the patient ever give you a back story on why it happened? I'm guessing he lost #9, maybe trauma related or genetics, I imagine he had to be young, no? just curious is all.
The patient is 24. The story is that the tooth (9) was there at some point but was inside the palatal maxilary bone, never came out. So they decided to extract it because of the possibility of cyst formation and there no space for it anyway in the maxillary arch.

JPA

JPA

Reaction score
Hey Chapin! Yo Vivi in Gautemala por dos anos! I would love some "Bahia" soda, atol de elote, and some pollo campero!
I like the planning and patience you took. Did you do the crown fabrication then?
Hola Riley , me da muchisimo gusto !! Ohhhh RilleyS atol de elote and pollo campero are so good , like a tradition here. Nice to know you have been here, jejej most of the people don"t even know we exist, jaja. You just tell me if you plan to visit us again in the future, we can plan something out. The crowns were made "inhouse lab" by a ceramist that works for me, prety decent work but I do the articulator mounting and the margins in the model, then give him ingot type and color, and also layer colors and some effects when I can.

Last edited:
rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
Very nice results from a great treatment plan.

Please post more cases.

cheadlemick

cheadlemick

Reaction score
Fail to plan! Plan to fail! If only all dentists had the right outlook for case planning! Especially the Ortho ! Great work!

TheLabGuy

TheLabGuy

Just a Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the back story...When I think of Guatemala, I can't help to be anything other than a American prick and think third world country...and I've been to a pant load of them. However, this is first class Dentistry, to help others with that stigma about your country can you tell us about Dentistry in Guatemala?...do a lot of Dentists have in-house techs, are there small, medium, large commercial labs there? Are Dentists regarded highly in your country, similar to a medical doctor like they are here in America? What about the education, same as the states for a Dentist (4 years undergrad/4 years DDS school usually)? Technicians?

Tayebdental

Tayebdental

Tayeb S. CDT
Donator
Reaction score
Rob, have you been to the UAE as "third world country"?, go and see for yourself.

Last edited:
dmonwaxa

dmonwaxa

Reaction score
Doctoro, este trabajo es muy excelente, no, eres la mejor. Felicidadades, me gusta mucho.

TheLabGuy

TheLabGuy

Just a Member
Reaction score
Oh, parts of Detroit are what some folks would call fourth world, its beyond rough. I wasn't calling Guatemala third world per say, more interested in the demographics, education, etc... I'm sure its like anything, it has its good dental offices and bad ones, but in general terms is what I was getting at.

Top Bottom