MS Surface Studio

Patrick Coon

Patrick Coon

Reaction score
Hey DLNers! Has anyone out there tried the new Microsoft Surface Studio with their CAD Software? Specifically, with 3Shape. I had heard of the Studio a couple months ago when they were being introduced, but saw one in the Microsoft Store the other day and became very interested. Wanted to see what the opinions were of people that used it.

Thanks!

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
Hey DLNers! Has anyone out there tried the new Microsoft Surface Studio with their CAD Software? Specifically, with 3Shape. I had heard of the Studio a couple months ago when they were being introduced, but saw one in the Microsoft Store the other day and became very interested. Wanted to see what the opinions were of people that used it.

Thanks!
Waiting for the next version or at least first service pack before buying anything new of theirs.

Polarmolar

Polarmolar

Reaction score
It would have to be pretty damn fast to run 3shape !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sevan P

Sevan P

Reaction score
You would have to get it with the 28" display i7 32gb and the gtxm980 4gb graphics and 2tb rapid drive to be able to run decent. I would wait to see what the next versions roll out with. I and running a cintiq 27qhd and love it, but to have a working pc like that would be sweet. But it is the larger cases and large trios cases especially that are resource hogs.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Dominick

Dominick

Reaction score
OOOOOOO I agree this is pretty....but it def comes down to the graphics card power and maximum RAM you will be able to install and utilize effectively ... it is my understanding that 3D design software of any type is super cache extensive, which is what RAM is basically for .. It allows your computer to handle multiple processes at the same time while maintaining actual computing power .... but technology changes so fast I could have been right but as I was typing this reply thing probably already is different and I now could be speaking out of my ass lol :bag:Beer