Mpa Of PFM

wwcanoer

wwcanoer

Reaction score
Al

I've tried the pre-waxed forms a couple of times, but haven't had much success at them. It seems to be occlusal space issues that hang me up. Not enough reduction without having to reduce so much of the wax up that it negates the whole reason for using them. But I do very, very few pressed porcelain posteriors, I'm trying to adapt them to PFM's.

Al.

Al.

Reaction score
Al

I've tried the pre-waxed forms a couple of times, but haven't had much success at them. It seems to be occlusal space issues that hang me up. Not enough reduction without having to reduce so much of the wax up that it negates the whole reason for using them. But I do very, very few pressed porcelain posteriors, I'm trying to adapt them to PFM's.

Dont give up on using them.

The key is to NOT use the pre wax forms that you buy all ready in wax.

You need the molds you add your wax to. Use a medium wax, not hard or they will break.
Only add enough wax into the mold to cover the anatomy. It will be thin.
Remove the pattern buy flexing your mold after the wax has set but while it is still warm. Once it cools completely the wax becomes less pliable and is more prone to break.

Lay it on your pre dipped die to ck for positioning and clearance. Often you need to add wax to bring it up, if not sly push down and it sticks to the opposing. Add a drop of wax to the coping and occlude your models.

While you hold your models together firmly, add or put your wax tip under one of the lingual cusps and then push that cusp down slightly out of interferance. Now it is tacked down and you can do the same with the rest of the cusps and marginal ridiges.

Then put art paper to the waxup.

It is very simple to do and after you do a few you can get fast.

But like I said the key is to not use a hard wax and use molds so you control the thickness.

Clear as mud?

Al

Clear Precision Dental

Clear Precision Dental

Reaction score
Al is the man.

wwcanoer

wwcanoer

Reaction score
i'll say yes, but that's assuming it's not the Franciscan Blue Goo we have out here....................:D

Thanks much for you 2 cents worth of time, can't wait to try it

carol

Al.

Al.

Reaction score
Here you go Carol. 40 units of emax waxed full or 3/4 contour. I got them finished yesterday. I used occ. molds on all the posteriors.

If I can do it you can do it !!!!

ai46.photobucket.com_albums_f116_CDLAB_wax1.jpg
ai46.photobucket.com_albums_f116_CDLAB_wax2.jpg
ai46.photobucket.com_albums_f116_CDLAB_wax1.jpg ai46.photobucket.com_albums_f116_CDLAB_wax2.jpg

wwcanoer

wwcanoer

Reaction score
My "mold" arrived today.........can't wait to try 'er out

Al.

Al.

Reaction score
What mold did you get? Ive been using neys mold for about 4 yrs, but they dont have larger sizes.

Im considering getting this one in the link I posted below, they have 3 sizes for each tooth and the molds are individual so I can ck the size of each one before I add wax in it. But the complete kit in all three sizes is very expensive. Almost $800.

You know you dont need to fill the entire thing, if you have a DL area that has limited space dont put wax in that portion of the mold and hand wax that area after you put it on.

I use accufilm 1 to equilibrate my waxups, it marks well on my wax and dosent make false marks.

XPdent - Bredent Gnathoflex Premium

wwcanoer

wwcanoer

Reaction score
Ney Rapid Waxer, only one my dealers carried, during lunch, LOL, I'll check out your link

wwcanoer

wwcanoer

Reaction score
Al,

You're right. If you can do it, I can do it!

Thanks, Carol

picture.php