Monolithic Madness

2thm8kr

2thm8kr

Beanosavedmysociallife
Reaction score
i told you all the future was automated. i can prove to you it is now simply a matter of time. not only will ALL of you lose your jobs, ALL of your products will be homogenous. as indistinct as drawing a line in the sand over whose smartphone is actually better as no empirical scale will exist to measure it.

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/08/19/b...-robots-is-changing-global-industry.html?_r=1

a 4 page article outlining mankind's future with robots.

Take steps now to protect your future!

[video]http://www.digyourowngrave.com/saturday-night-live-old-glory-robot-insurance/[/video]

ed 3

ed 3

Reaction score
Take steps now to protect your future!

[video]http://www.digyourowngrave.com/saturday-night-live-old-glory-robot-insurance/[/video]
that is a good one!!!!!! ;) Ironically many labs fall on this marketing story for real and many already got broke firing technician and not investing in human recourse's only buying and getting loans to buy all this junk ,LOL.

Mark Jackson

Mark Jackson

Reaction score
that is a good one!!!!!! ;) Ironically many labs fall on this marketing story for real and many already got broke firing technician and not investing in human recourse's only buying and getting loans to buy all this junk ,LOL.

The only labs firing people are the ones who have not been able to find enough business to offset a slowdown in the economy. Automation has NOT eliminated technicians, it has simply changed their tools, improved their efficiency and vastly improved their quality.

2thm8kr

2thm8kr

Beanosavedmysociallife
Reaction score
The only labs firing people are the ones who have not been able to find enough business to offset a slowdown in the economy. Automation has NOT eliminated technicians, it has simply changed their tools, improved their efficiency and vastly improved their quality.

If older technicians would embrace the newer technologies they would be even more valuable to the industry.
The knowledge gained over their careers could be implemented into the cad cam world by teaching the 'techies'
how to apply aspects of function into digital designs. There is alot of 'forensic' evidence on models, digital and analog,
that can be used to make better decisions for the patients final prosthesis reguarding proprer function and saving their clients
chair time with fewer adjustments in the chair. my$.02

C

charles007

Reaction score
If older technicians would embrace the newer technologies they would be even more valuable to the industry.
The knowledge gained over their careers could be implemented into the cad cam world by teaching the 'techies'
how to apply aspects of function into digital designs. There is a lot of 'forensic' evidence on models, digital and analog,
that can be used to make better decisions for the patients final prosthesis regarding proper function and saving their clients
chair time with fewer adjustments in the chair. my$.02

You talking to me, you talking to me ;) maybe the oldest tech on the boards and determined to bury my casting machine before Christmas

2thm8kr

2thm8kr

Beanosavedmysociallife
Reaction score
QUOTE=charles007;84538]You talking to me, you talking to me ;) maybe the oldest tech on the boards and determined to bury my casting machine before Christmas[/QUOTE]

Easy pops, I believe you have already been assimilated into the matrix. :evil:

bonded

bonded

Reaction score
Guys be patient ,
zirconia will be the majority for every single lab.
And soon we will have have flexible zirconia just watch !!! :cool:2 yes flexibale zirconia
I agree the old dentist ( old school ) they don't want to change not easy but the new dentist they are open mind.
So zirconia & E-max ( CAD CAM ) will dominate the future.

Mark Jackson

Mark Jackson

Reaction score
And soon we will have have flexible zirconia just watch !!! :cool:2 yes flexibale zirconia

So zirconia & E-max ( CAD CAM ) will dominate the future.

You mean RESINS will dominate the future. True.

bonded

bonded

Reaction score
No Mark ,
What i meant flexible zirconia without resin not like lava crown (ultimate) !
Or maybe anyway that what i heard from Japanese manufacture !!

Last edited:
C

charles007

Reaction score
I agree with you Mark. The older techs still remember when resins looked better than porcelain, back when ceramco turned green and checked/cracked alot. Any material that can be repaired in the chair will have one hell of a demand to use.. These materials just need to be made to hold up over the long haul..

Mark Jackson

Mark Jackson

Reaction score
Resin technology is so advanced, it just hasn't fully trickled down to dentistry, but it's getting there. There is no such thing as flexible zirconia. All ceramic materials are brittle by nature. Resin infiltrated ceramics give the best of both worlds.

bonded

bonded

Reaction score
Resin technology is so advanced, it just hasn't fully trickled down to dentistry, but it's getting there. There is no such thing as flexible zirconia. All ceramic materials are brittle by nature. Resin infiltrated ceramics give the best of both worlds.

I agree with you mark , Resin high advanced materials.
Resin reflect light better than porcelain.
You can check out this company anaxDENT they do temporary crown & bridge looks like porcelain or better !! with some gum composite really amazing work . some good technician recommend to use in gingival part as its looks more natural !
But for long term resin have disadvantages discoloration and in some case weaker specially in super structure bridge ,
Yes we can repair it if the dentist take out one piece lol
Or the dentist can repair it in the mouth but how many dentist succeed to do that not a lot .
Who knows one day the scientists will deliver something a new.

Products
Downloads & Videos

Last edited:
ed 3

ed 3

Reaction score
I admire you your Mark positive thinking.But my statement comes from my own experience.

Mark Jackson

Mark Jackson

Reaction score
I admire you your Mark positive thinking.But my statement comes from my own experience.

Understood. Most of my old technicians are now using a keyboard and a mouse instead of a carver and a bunsen burner. We do twice the work with the same amount of people. My experience is different, that's all.

Dave at Dale

Dave at Dale

Reaction score
Ten years ago, when you heard people talking about function at a dental meeting it was about the restoration. Today it's about which function everyone's going to tonight.

NicelyMKV

NicelyMKV

Reaction score
I didn't get a chance to do much composite work. The lab I started at was using a system called concept. They then graduated to a jeneric pentron product called sculpture fiber core. I did very little work with it. It always seemed like the closest thing to natural dentition though. Our issues were staining over time and sensitivity. Sensitivity I assumed was on the doctors end. I still to this day think some sort of composite material is the way our industry needs to go. Maybe a Zr bridge sub with composite overlay of some sort for long spans? I don't know, but I want something different than what I have available now. One tech I think a lot of skill wise told me one of the prettiest crowns he can do is with composite.

Jason

Labwa

Labwa

Reaction score
has anyone put Ivoclars Nexco over Zr subs?