Model side release agent for dentures - need suggestions

kcdt

kcdt

Reaction score
Ivoclar is good.
I've had good results with DVA as well, and it doesn't have freeze or shelf life issues. I found that attractive when I did the one man show.

JKraver

JKraver

Reaction score
I go through about a gallon a year of separating fluid, it expires in 2020. How does the DVA work with ivobase? I may give it a try.

JKraver

JKraver

Reaction score
Boil out may be your issue as much as the separator. NO boil out additives. NO boiling the wax until liquid. 5-8min at just below the molten temperature of whatever wax you use. Mine is 160f. Open flasks remove soft not liquid wax, then flush with clean hot water, not from the boil out tank. I use an electric kettle. 25 bucks at Walmart. if you are a larger lab you may want to get a canner and run it at max boiling and use the pour spout. Sit until water has dried off hot surface, apply ivoclar separator while still hot/warm, rinse gently with cold water, gently air hose off excess, place in front fan until coat is dry. Apply second coat and repeat. Inject once room temp.

kcdt

kcdt

Reaction score
I go through about a gallon a year of separating fluid, it expires in 2020. How does the DVA work with ivobase? I may give it a try.
Never used it with Ivobase.
It does well on everything I used it for.

G

Gibin

Reaction score
DVA is great. Yamahachi Apollon separator is as good and little less expensive.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Daniel Watters

Daniel Watters

Reaction score
I agree. Used lots of different ones over the years. Ivoclar has been my go to for a long while now.

P

PDLtd

Reaction score
Boil out may be your issue as much as the separator. NO boil out additives. NO boiling the wax until liquid. 5-8min at just below the molten temperature of whatever wax you use. Mine is 160f. Open flasks remove soft not liquid wax, then flush with clean hot water, not from the boil out tank. I use an electric kettle. 25 bucks at Walmart. if you are a larger lab you may want to get a canner and run it at max boiling and use the pour spout. Sit until water has dried off hot surface, apply ivoclar separator while still hot/warm, rinse gently with cold water, gently air hose off excess, place in front fan until coat is dry. Apply second coat and repeat. Inject once room temp.

Totally agree with what you say. I would add however that after boiling out, and I use detergent which I also wash off, is to run warm or cold water over stone to rehydrate. Separator is less effective on stone surface that has dehydrated from escaping steam. It also cools flasks down quicker (to warm stage like you say) so you can get on separating quicker.

JKraver

JKraver

Reaction score
Totally agree with what you say. I would add however that after boiling out, and I use detergent which I also wash off, is to run warm or cold water over stone to rehydrate. Separator is less effective on stone surface that has dehydrated from escaping steam. It also cools flasks down quicker (to warm stage like you say) so you can get on separating quicker.

Why do you use detergent? You can never fully remove it from the stone once it is added.
Why is separator less effective when dry? I have never heard this, maybe the ivoclar separator acts differently I have had no issue with adherence, or penetration on even bone dry models.

budgenator

budgenator

Reaction score
I've been using V-sep from valplast and that's been the best I've use so far, but I'm going to give DVA Acrylic and Plaster Separator a try, it sounds interesting and there's room for improvement.

Top Bottom