MK1 attachments...What are your thoughts on them?

Labwa

Labwa

Reaction score
I have a dentist that wants to start using some of the MK1 attachments. Has anyone had any experience with them. What are their pitfalls/advantages. Can the attachment be imported into 3shape.

Drizzt

Drizzt

Reaction score
We have been using the attachments for nearly 7-8 years , and been really happy with the results . Mostly on cases were we want to avoid a partial denture , and one or two times for bridges . One advantage I can think of is that we rarelly have to do any maintance on them , it is very comfortable for the patient , and once it is locked , it won't move . On the other hand it is not cheap and too much labor for it . I don't know if it can be imported in 3shape . Hope that helps .

Labwa

Labwa

Reaction score
yeah it looks like a heap of labor

Drizzt

Drizzt

Reaction score
When you get used to that it is not that bad . But the result is really good . Patients love it .

premierlab

premierlab

Reaction score
Been using the attachment for bar cases for many years. Patients and doctors have responded very well to them. There is a slight learning curve at first ,now they are as normal as anything alse and can place them fairly quick in a framework or prosthesis. I wouldnt be intimidated from labor, keep an open mind and before ya know it, piece of cake!

PCDL

PCDL

Reaction score
We have used these for years with good success, but I would caution you on one key issue: Patient dexterity and longevity. I have had to retrofit a couple of these cases now, due to the fact that the patient has aged, become arthritic, and can no longer manipulate the key well. I cut off the attachements and welded a few ERA's onto the distals to jury rig a rehab. You want to use this restoration with more careful patient selection criteria than most other attachments, or at least build in a "plan B" for down the road.

JohnWilson

JohnWilson

Reaction score
We have used these for years with good success, but I would caution you on one key issue: Patient dexterity and longevity. I have had to retrofit a couple of these cases now, due to the fact that the patient has aged, become arthritic, and can no longer manipulate the key well. I cut off the attachements and welded a few ERA's onto the distals to jury rig a rehab. You want to use this restoration with more careful patient selection criteria than most other attachments, or at least build in a "plan B" for down the road.

Good points!

This is true for most over denture cases and often is overlooked when the client suggests a design. Reminding them of this before the plan gets to far ahead is good insurance.

Drizzt

Drizzt

Reaction score
ai1085.photobucket.com_albums_j433_drizzt85_IMG_4641_zps57caab49.jpg
ai1085.photobucket.com_albums_j433_drizzt85_IMG_4638_zpsf6165473.jpg
ai1085.photobucket.com_albums_j433_drizzt85_IMG_4636_zpse80cb6e4.jpg
ai1085.photobucket.com_albums_j433_drizzt85_IMG_4633_zpscee44f72.jpg

This just went out to the doc's office . Thought I would post and revive the thread .
ai1085.photobucket.com_albums_j433_drizzt85_IMG_4641_zps57caab49.jpg ai1085.photobucket.com_albums_j433_drizzt85_IMG_4638_zpsf6165473.jpg ai1085.photobucket.com_albums_j433_drizzt85_IMG_4636_zpse80cb6e4.jpg ai1085.photobucket.com_albums_j433_drizzt85_IMG_4633_zpscee44f72.jpg

A

alanklen

Reaction score
Thanks for sharing this all valuable information,its really valuable for exploring all about the dentist.

Top Bottom