Mismatched Vacuum pump question

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
Thanks! One more question, if I buy a cheapo non-dental one like this:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/272576600097

Is a vacuum just a vacuum?
It needs to be able to pull continuously for the cycle time and to the vaccum level, at the least, that is stated to be 100% in the manual. The manual contains the procedure for testing and setting the vaccum parameters. That test/set system is intended for extreame elevation issues, but will also allow you to use an over-powered vaccum pump and know it pulls at the level the mfg suggests for use.

Under powered pumps and pumps which cannot handle being on throughout the cycle will give you great trouble, not great value.

TMNT120

TMNT120

Reaction score
It needs to be able to pull continuously for the cycle time and to the vaccum level, at the least, that is stated to be 100% in the manual. The manual contains the procedure for testing and setting the vaccum parameters. That test/set system is intended for extreame elevation issues, but will also allow you to use an over-powered vaccum pump and know it pulls at the level the mfg suggests for use.

Under powered pumps and pumps which cannot handle being on throughout the cycle will give you great trouble, not great value.

Thanks! Great info. Guess I'll stick with vacuum pumps made for dental Labs then :)

user name

user name

Reaction score
I have a Lammert R-50 that I don't think will ever quit. Not currently on a porcelain oven, but it works and pulls strong. make sure you have a little filter in line so when you break vacuum you don't get any oil mist sucked back up the line.

vac.jpg

Id offer the original pump that came with the Q-50 to you, but JMN wanted it too. I reversed the hoses and use it for an air brush.

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
Thanks! Great info. Guess I'll stick with vacuum pumps made for dental Labs then :)
You have the manual? If not, here it is. Just follow exactly what it says. Towards the rear is the number for what it considers 100% vaccum

Attachments

• Centurion Q50.pdf
    369.7 KB · Views: 3
TMNT120

TMNT120

Reaction score
You have the manual? If not, here it is. Just follow exactly what it says. Towards the rear is the number for what it considers 100% vaccum

Already have the paper manual, but thanks! I'll keep the PDF in case the hard copy ever gets lost

J

John C

Reaction score
Also check that the power plug on the vacuum matches the one on the back of the oven. They arent all the same.

Top Bottom