Milling Wax: Occlusion & Contacts

C

charles007

Reaction score
Is it possible to mill wax so that your occlusion and contacts are spot on from case to case. I'm talking about using the patterns to press for emax, press to sir, and to cast for full cast crowns....... I'm mainly talking about contacts. Still would like to know how close you can get the occlusion. Yea, the virtual articulator is coming soon, and will go thru many improvements I'm sure. Is is just learning how to adjust the setting with the scanner software ? or changing the setting on every case.............or is this an impossible task with present day software in wax. Is it more accurate in ceramics and zirconia ?
I" m talking about using a 4 axis, 800 lb German milling unit with a Jager Spindle, Heidenhain control, Harmonic drive bearing, rather than using a cheap or expensive table top unit........
Any information or advice from cad/cam labs, and labs receiving patterns, milled zirconia, Please speak up !

SCOTT, your printing hundreds of wax patterns a day....are contacts and occlusion more acurate with printing over milling wax ?

Charles

Last edited:
Top Bottom