Milling Manual Position screw retained implant crowns

deadhead

deadhead

Reaction score
Hello everyone, so we have been dealing with a little issue since we started using Match 2(AG camming software). So when I go and try to nest a manual position screw retained crown everytime i go to proceed to generate the milling file I always get an error saying that there is no milling strategy for the unit that I am trying to nest. So I have to bring in the STL file without the construction info and mark the margin/screw channel/and emergence profile lines manually, and then I can nest the unit. When i spoke with the support team at AG I was told that there is no strategy for manual position screw retained crowns because since its manual position you have to set the milling direction in the camming software since neither Exocad nor the design software from AG calculate the milling direction when generating the construction info for the crown. This really doesnt make sense to me because when we were using Exocad for design and then camming with Exocam we had no problem nesting manual position crowns. I was just wondering if anyone else out there is having this same issue and found a way to nest these type of units without bringing them in generically and marking all margin lines manually.

L

lucky54

Reaction score
any pictures to explain?

L

lucky54

Reaction score
do you mean something like this?
imp.JPG imp2.JPG imp3.JPG imp4.JPG

deadhead

deadhead

Reaction score
yeah. We can mill normal screw retained crowns but when we get a case for a manual positioned screw retained crown we get the error message only for manual positioned units

deadhead

deadhead

Reaction score
sorry I dont have any pics of the error message. Just to add more information to what i am talking about, I am pertaining to when you enter a case in Exocad(or in the AG software MIND) and its an implant case instead of choosing custom abutment option you choose the manual position option. Its these designs that we get the error message when trying to nest, and were told by AG that there isnt a strategy for this type of restoration, and that we would have to bring the unit in manually and mark all margins manually. hope this help with trying to help us out with this.

Last edited:
L

lucky54

Reaction score
Sorry never heard about this probseem its a software prob

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score

Last edited:
user name

user name

Reaction score
Don't you have the option in CAM to select a different template that would help? Are you milling these on a 4 axis so a strategy is limiting placement that will run a successful calculation?

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
Just mark the margins, leave it as anatomic crown milling strategy, and let it mill the hole. If you are making angled holes, then you need to somehow manually manipulate the milling angle so that its not undercut. However I only have a 4 axis, maybe with 5 it will mill angled channels. I do a few of these a week, they mill fine.

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
I reread the original post, I think I described what you are already doing. AG cam sucks is the simple answer.

Sevan P

Sevan P

Reaction score
You cam design and easily, and you can habe any 5axis mill to mill it but if you don't have the proper cam that can calculates ASC c&b it is useless.

I can easily do them on my wieland cam, and hype rder can as well i think sum3d also. I will make a quick video of the wieland cam and how I do it.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Sevan P

Sevan P

Reaction score
Here is a video of a 3unit implant bridge. One of the ti bases is a zero degree straight through no issues to mill on any cam. The other one is a 25 degree angled screw channel from dynamic abutment solution. You can clearly see the angle of the screw channel and how easy it is within the Wieland cam to set to different insertion angles. and the simulation shows how clean it mills as well.

Video is 4 min long.

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
Here is a video of a 3unit implant bridge. One of the ti bases is a zero degree straight through no issues to mill on any cam. The other one is a 25 degree angled screw channel from dynamic abutment solution. You can clearly see the angle of the screw channel and how easy it is within the Wieland cam to set to different insertion angles. and the simulation shows how clean it mills as well.

Video is 4 min long.

Untitled.jpg

L

lucky54

Reaction score
untitled-jpg.27503

your videa is not available

deadhead

deadhead

Reaction score
thanks for all the input. After taking a closer look at our implant library we noticed that we didnt copy all of our Exocad Library into AG's library so it didnt reconize the implant type that we were trying to mill. Once we got our librarys the same we are now able to mill manual positioned screw retained crowns without any issues.

Top Bottom