Metal casting rings

wwcanoer

wwcanoer

Reaction score
Have had the issues, and one additional trick worked for me is: sprue your UCLA the night before, and very carefully wiped off the metal with burning alcohol using one of those dental pom-poms. This will remove residual oils from your fingers, etc. etc. , invest next morning

G

gallagerdental

Reaction score
A lot of good thoughts previously stated. I was told by Bego(which I use for C&B),that it's not good for this situation. You need a phosphate bonded investment, like whip mix hi temp. No ring liner- straight water(distilled). No special liquid. No debubblizer. 1&1/4 turns on casting machine. I run up oven ( 2 stage ) to 1300 degrees F. Then bench cool at least 4 min. This is important, if you look at the Sprue side of the hot ring you will see hairline cracks, if let to bench cool they will disappear. Only drawback is sometimes I have to touch up juncture at gold to plastic area with solder. But no flash in unwanted areas. I use direct Sprue technique. Sometimes I will use a secondary small wax Sprue from main Sprue to that juncture. On wax pattern I use monomer or alcohol. Hope this helps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk.

G

gallagerdental

Reaction score
One final thought- I feel the predominate factor with flash comes from expansion, contain it, you control it. If you go ringless you automatically allow expansion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk.