MCXL multi-color temp w pink tissue.

• Thread starter Marcusthegladiator CDT
  • Start date
Marcusthegladiator CDT

Marcusthegladiator CDT

Reaction score
Friday evening the office brought me a case and said they needed it ASAP.
So even though I have a million things to do I had to push it all aside and get this case done today.
Nothing special but I still wanted to share, cause its fun.

This is the patients previous 6 unit anterior bridge.
image.jpg

My instructions are to build two three unit temp bridges to be used as shells. Meaning the doctor will fill the shell with temp material and reline the bridges. Therefor the cervical contour is over built and will be reduced later. Also I am instructed to put some pink tissue on the lingual of number 10.

So here's the wax up working...

image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

Ok now I duplicate the model cause I can and it looks and scans better.

image.jpg

Now I'll prep the model for the shell...

image.jpg

Now I'll scan both arches on the worlds most amazing scanner, the IOS Blue.
I'm not worried about scanning the opposing, I've got the wax up where I want it and I don't want the worlds most advanced software, in lab 4.whatever getting confused...

image.jpg image.jpg

Now here... Ugggg

image.jpg

In the above photo In lab spent an hour thinking...
So I shut it down and started over. Then it went through, but I had to start over 4 times trying to move margins and copy lines around till it liked em. I almost gave up, but it eventually worked...

So here's what milled...
I added some pink as the dr. Ordered.
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

And yea sure I sealed it and polished it...
Woopedy doo...

image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

I'm not too happy with it as I was juggling between the days workload and rushing this thing out the door...
Oh we'll, there's always next time.
Any tips or suggestions are GREATLY appreciated. Thanks guys and gals...

Ignore the attached thumbnails below, not sure but posting so many pics via iPad things don't always go as planned. But the last one is of the bridges mounted. Anyway, it's 7:30 pm and that's like 11 pm for a dental tech, I'm tired, enjoy yourselves...
image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

Last edited:
RileyS

RileyS

Reaction score
]Nice job. I had those same issues with red cam ineos, heard all those kinds of problems were fixed with blue. Guess you can't believe everything your sirona rep says.
Great result though! Going from the garbage they had to this you may never make final restorations, they'll just go with the temps

Last edited:
Alistar

Alistar

Reaction score
Hey man that looks great for a rush temp! I get study models and picks of doc's temps every week that look like total horse crap. This patient is going to be very happy with this and the doc should be too.

I think critiquing rush work is pointless.....lol.. I mean the final is going to be way better. This a great starting point! I like the pink tissue. Very cool, nice touch.

Marcusthegladiator CDT

Marcusthegladiator CDT

Reaction score
Wish I had more time

Marcusthegladiator CDT

Marcusthegladiator CDT

Reaction score
And then I goto the office and ask if they were able to this patient in. Im told no, but we got him in next week.
Hmmm....
Maybe they should have called me...
I could have put this thing aside yesterday and got some other cases done...
Is it just me or do us Technicians always feel like were falling behind?
Even if were really not cause were crazy and know how to kick it into 4th gear and play magician.

shane williams

shane williams

Reaction score

haha I'm finding that one funny. You joking or serious? Case looks amazing. How long did it take to design? I think the software is the most frustrating stuff I've ever used!!! Keep posting great work!!

EJADA

EJADA

Reaction score
And then I goto the office and ask if they were able to this patient in. Im told no, but we got him in next week.
Hmmm....
Maybe they should have called me...
I could have put this thing aside yesterday and got some other cases done...
Is it just me or do us Technicians always feel like were falling behind?
Even if were really not cause were crazy and know how to kick it into 4th gear and play magician.

Typical. This is why I always charge a rush fee. Even if small. If it is really a rush they will pay it. If it will be sitting on their shelf for a week. They won't be willing to pay a rush fee no matter how small it is. Your time is rarely considered in the equation.

Short story....in 2004 I got a call on a Monday noonish DDS asks if I can do a rush case.(twelve anterior Empress) to deliver Friday am. Hmmmmmm wow, I say yes with 100% a rush fee and COD as DDS was a very slow payer. ( figured that would slow him down a bit as he hadn't even prepped it yet). DDS calls back in ten minutes says its a go as pt is leaving country for a while. Needless to say after an all nighter on Thursday to finish job, crowns were delivered and I got a 5k ck. kids got new shoes that month. TRUE STORY. MORAL TO THE STORY don't be afraid to charge a rush fee.

Marcusthegladiator CDT

Marcusthegladiator CDT

Reaction score

haha I'm finding that one funny. You joking or serious? Case looks amazing. How long did it take to design? I think the software is the most frustrating stuff I've ever used!!! Keep posting great work!!

That was heavy sarcasm.
It only took long to design cause I had to work my way through a confused inlab...
It ended up being two hours... but i spent some of that time away from the computer, letting it think... with an hour glass spinning and mocking me.

Marcusthegladiator CDT

Marcusthegladiator CDT

Reaction score
Typical. This is why I always charge a rush fee. Even if small. If it is really a rush they will pay it. If it will be sitting on their shelf for a week. They won't be willing to pay a rush fee no matter how small it is. Your time is rarely considered in the equation.

Short story....in 2004 I got a call on a Monday noonish DDS asks if I can do a rush case.(twelve anterior Empress) to deliver Friday am. Hmmmmmm wow, I say yes with 100% a rush fee and COD as DDS was a very slow payer. ( figured that would slow him down a bit as he hadn't even prepped it yet). DDS calls back in ten minutes says its a go as pt is leaving country for a while. Needless to say after an all nighter on Thursday to finish job, crowns were delivered and I got a 5k ck. kids got new shoes that month. TRUE STORY. MORAL TO THE STORY don't be afraid to charge a rush fee.

Of course that would be the case if this were not a large in house lab.
They ask, and I cannot say no. I just do what Im told, Im a machine. A robot.

P

paulg100

Reaction score
"Any tips or suggestions are GREATLY appreciated. Thanks guys and gals..."

putty matrix, inject with acrylic, tidy up...done.

"So I shut it down and started over. Then it went through, but I had to start over 4 times trying to move margins and copy lines around till it liked em. I almost gave up, but it eventually worked..."

forget using crap lab for these.

apart from the crap design software, and painfully crap scanner, How many times did the machine error because the burs were clogged up?

GAP

GAP

Reaction score
I liked the radica temps you showed on the other thread, I thought you were getting really good with it. why fiddle with inlab? to save time?

Marcusthegladiator CDT

Marcusthegladiator CDT

Reaction score
"Any tips or suggestions are GREATLY appreciated. Thanks guys and gals..."

putty matrix, inject with acrylic, tidy up...done.

"So I shut it down and started over. Then it went through, but I had to start over 4 times trying to move margins and copy lines around till it liked em. I almost gave up, but it eventually worked..."

forget using crap lab for these.

apart from the crap design software, and painfully crap scanner, How many times did the machine error because the burs were clogged up?

I never have had a problem with the mill itself. Oh wait, we just recently got it back from service after blowing holes in copings. The tech that serviced it said he was blowing out copings too. So they put in new boards and control arms and what not. Other than that, i just hate replacing the fluid every 5 minutes.

While it was erroring, I was laying down some ribbind and seconds away from building it with Radica Temp material. But it eventually milled succesfully...

Marcusthegladiator CDT

Marcusthegladiator CDT

Reaction score
To expand my horizons.
Definately not to save time. I know its hit or miss with inlab responding properly.

Alistar

Alistar

Reaction score

This is the most awesome story I've heard in a long time.

I have been trying to get a "rush" fee instituted around here for ...years. It's never happened. Like docs don't charge for "emergency" or after-hours visits?? It's the same thing when they call for a rush...and we give them out every week for FREE. :smash:

S

semper:fi

Reaction score
Rush fee is the best thing i heard in years. 100% sounds a little harsh but if it worked

Top Bottom