Marketing Your Lab

R

rookielabmktg

Reaction score
Yes, but how would you email someone through constant contact- newsletter etc without them opting in
Constant Contact has very strong rules about that

If you email someone out of the blue and they mark it as spam, it is my understanding that IF you get enough spam marks coming from your email address, that when you email others it will automatically go to spam?

I know mailchimp wont allow you to send anything that hasnt been opted in
Ive sent stuff via Constant Contact- and when the spam % was even as low as 4%- they called me and asked questions- put me on "probabtion"

R

rookielabmktg

Reaction score
Wow, has it really been over three years since my last post?

So back in 2013 I was doing marketing for a dental laboratory which was pretty successful and I brought in tons of new accounts. But life pulled me in another lucrative direction and I left the lab. Things that seem like a better deal don't always turn out to be so, and I am now back in the lab world. Starting to do the same exact marketing again for the same lab to bring in new dentist offices. One of the first things I asked the lab owner is how many of the accounts I brought in in 2013 are still around and sure enough, about 60% are still sending cases. So my concept of marketing only to those that are interested is pretty spot on. Starting again the week of December 5th with cold calling, marketing and bringing in those new dentist offices. However, was curious if anyone found that marketing in December is like spinning your wheels?

Denlab- Im interested in hearing more about your approach, Im helping a friend of mine market his dads dental lab. I emailed you- I can be reached at [email protected]

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
You could obtain email addresses from their business cards.
Although that would require you to actually visit the office in person.:rolleyes:

Jenners

Jenners

Reaction score
Hello all. I'd like to revive this thread. I've read it a few times over the past couple of months, for my own interest.... but I recently volunteered to help with marketing for our lab, and I really could use some input. We've been suffering for a long time, but it's now come to a desperate head. The owner has always gone door to door, and it used to work for him, but it no longer does. Most of our long time accounts have retired and we've lost a couple to cheaper, bigger labs. Over the years, we've gotten smaller and invisible. What I've done so far is set up a simple website and a facebook page, I'm still picking at those. I still have to do my job here as well as the home hobby/business I've created in response to no work at the lab... so my time is limited. I've dug up some marketing materials and am bringing what I can up to date. Our budget is practically nothing, so whatever I get printed I'm paying for myself. The owner wants me to go out and just show up at offices, and I think making an online presence (as well as fixing our outdated materials) need to be done first. Different generations we are.

My idea is to do my research on dentists in the area and construct personal emails to invite them to take a look and give us a try. I've read in this thread to find dentists that are looking for a new lab, but I'm not sure how to get that info. I'd rather not cold call... but if that's effective, I'd give it a go. I'd like to follow up the emails with postcards or letters with a business card.. something tangible. I'm aware they'll get thrown out, but it's another way to get the name in front of the dr's eyes, if even for a moment. I'm not a sales person, nor an experienced marketer... but I'm learning... otherwise I'm not sure how much longer our doors will be open.

If there are any additional, more current, thoughts on marketing, I'd love to hear them.

Contraluz

Contraluz

Donator
Reaction score
If there are any additional, more current, thoughts on marketing, I'd love to hear them.

Not necessarily new, but what always has worked for me is 'face time' with the Dentists. Go to local study groups and venues where you can engage with Doctors. If you have a client that is happy with your work, ask him to what study club he belongs and join him for a couple meetings. This way he can introduce you to his peers, which is the best way to find potential new clients.

I wish you good luck!

Michael

Jenners

Jenners

Reaction score
Not necessarily new, but what always has worked for me is 'face time' with the Dentists. Go to local study groups and venues where you can engage with Doctors. If you have a client that is happy with your work, ask him to what study club he belongs and join him for a couple meetings. This way he can introduce you to his peers, which is the best way to find potential new clients.

I wish you good luck!

Michael
Thanks! Both the owner and I are going to an all day class. I'm not too interested in the subject but it may be a good way to connect with our current Dr's as well as meet some new.

I forgot to mention earlier that I had also sent out surveys and a follow up letter to our existing accounts, to find out what they like and dislike about our lab. It was eye opening and we've been slowly making changes...it's been difficult to convince the owner with an old mindset to adapt to new ways.