Marketing Your Lab

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
You have to market every every day.....Lovin. Touching Squeezin

Den'ee

Den'ee

Reaction score
I do monthly direct mailing of letters (no postcards, they go in garbage bin). Best one thus far is try 10 emax crowns and get a free ipad. Figure out what is your break even point on number of cases doctor need to send to cover the ipad costs and emax materials/labor/mailing. Doctor need to try 10 cases to experience quality of lab/products.
I had a dr tell me he was offered a trip to where ever when he hit the 50 crown mark. ? really ? he went on his trip n the lab quality dropped he left that lab. so is it worth the risk ?

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
I had a dr tell me he was offered a trip to where ever when he hit the 50 crown mark. ? really ? he went on his trip n the lab quality dropped he left that lab. so is it worth the risk ?
That is illegal to offer gifts for business here.its a conflict of interest because the pt has the choice of labs.

araucaria

araucaria

Balanced
Reaction score
That is illegal to offer gifts for business here.its a conflict of interest because the pt has the choice of labs.
Thanks for the comments, really interesting. Can you provide links or details of the guidance for your system please, thanks. PM if better for you. We are experiencing a lot of change currently and there are many concerns that need addressing thoroughly & professionally for better future.

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
for 50 crowns? No way. Maybe 500-1000
Exactly Mightas well tell them you either really are shafting them on price or you don't need profit is what I'd think it looks like.

Den'ee

Den'ee

Reaction score
how many patient's actually know they have that choice ? I personally never heard of a patient regulating what lab.
In Ct notification to Dr if sent to china yes is law. I believe the Dr has to disclose this to their patient ? I don't know the laws on that.

Den'ee

Den'ee

Reaction score
how many patient's actually know they have that choice ? I personally never heard of a patient regulating what lab.
In Ct notification to Dr if sent to china yes is law. I believe the Dr has to disclose this to their patient ? I don't know the laws on that.
honestly who's to know I'm sure no legal contract was drawn up (to costly) verbal agreement we all do it...

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
Canada is an open access, lab bill paid by patient kind of place.

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
The lab fee is a separate line item on the final invoice. Therefore it is professional misconduct to accept gifts or incentives from the lab to the dentists unless the patient directly benefits.
The dentist cannot mark up the lab fee either.

Den'ee

Den'ee

Reaction score
Oh i understand now. No patience do not see the lab bill here the doctor pays the lab I'll use an example $245 for a crown the patient pays the doctor $2,042

S

sirmorty

Reaction score
What I don't understand is how some labs in Canada are doing reward programs.

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
What I don't understand is how some labs in Canada are doing reward programs.
It could depend on the province.I think Ontario,Alberta and BC have similar guidelines but I'm not sure about the other provinces.
Reward programs should be reported to the governing body with proof.

S

sirmorty

Reaction score
Yeah could be different in each province.
This is what I got from their webpage.

•Purchase anything you want at any time
Submit your receipt within 90 days of purchase "Lab Name" reimburses you for your purchase."

• Redeem for travel through a travel agency or website of choice, and "Lab Name" will reimburse you up to the total Loyalty Rewards available in respective "Lab Name" Loyalty Rewards account.

• Apply your "Lab Name" Rewards balance to make any legitimate, legal purchase and submit receipts to "Lab Name". Rewards will issue a reimbursement check for the purchase price up to the balance of your Rewards account. Direct redemption's must be submitted within 90 days of purchase. Please allow up to two weeks for reimbursement checks to arrive.

The rewards are all attached to paying their bill on the 15th of each month. And there are Tiers depending on your balance and that affects how much % back you get in Reward Points. So I get why they are doing it.

I think it's pretty smart but I'm just not sure about the legality of it all.

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
Yeah could be different in each province.
This is what I got from their webpage.

•Purchase anything you want at any time
Submit your receipt within 90 days of purchase "Lab Name" reimburses you for your purchase."

• Redeem for travel through a travel agency or website of choice, and "Lab Name" will reimburse you up to the total Loyalty Rewards available in respective "Lab Name" Loyalty Rewards account.

• Apply your "Lab Name" Rewards balance to make any legitimate, legal purchase and submit receipts to "Lab Name". Rewards will issue a reimbursement check for the purchase price up to the balance of your Rewards account. Direct redemption's must be submitted within 90 days of purchase. Please allow up to two weeks for reimbursement checks to arrive.

The rewards are all attached to paying their bill on the 15th of each month. And there are Tiers depending on your balance and that affects how much % back you get in Reward Points. So I get why they are doing it.

I think it's pretty smart but I'm just not sure about the legality of it all.
Can you pm me the link? Is this in Ontario? I don't think it's legal from what I understand. I don't see how the pt benefits from this.
Thanks for posting this.

R

rookielabmktg

Reaction score
This is all great input. Nothing beats word of mouth, for sure. I am coming up on my first year as a lab owner, and I am looking at growing. Coming up with a marketing budget got me thinking about effective techniques and ineffective techniques. A lot of things sound like great ideas, until you try them and find out you have wasted time and/or money. I have google analytics on my web-site and Constant Contact has tracking metrics so it is handy to see the numbers behind things. After I sent out the e-mail I had a phone call within ten minutes. Now I only e-mailed the Dentists in Wyoming, and of course only the ones I had addresses for. Basically out of 179 e-mails I had 24 bad addresses. So of the 155 remaining e-mails sent 42 people opened their e-mails and one called me. 10 people clicked through to my web-site, and a few visited several times. It costs about $15 to $20 for a month, depending on what options you go with and for 500 or fewer e-mail addresses. I was thinking about doing a newsletter once a month, but was just a promotional e-mail to let people know who I was and where I am. I always do follow ups on phone calls requesting info, so we will see what happens. The other things I have done were attending the state dental meeting, and Christmas cards. I received a few calls from the cards as well. Now that people are aware of me I will start visiting offices. I will keep everyone posted, and I really am glad people are willing to share their ideas.
Wyolab- how were you able to get the e-mail addresses of the Dentists?