Making Halloween Costume Teeth

E

Entium

Reaction score
I'm a new Dental Tech, been working for over a year. I wanted to make some costume dentures to sit over my teeth but am not quite sure how to go about doing it. Doing the wax up seems straight forward, my concern is retention and keeping the denture in place.

Any advice or tips to go about doing this? Thanks

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
I'm a new Dental Tech, been working for over a year. I wanted to make some costume dentures to sit over my teeth but am not quite sure how to go about doing it. Doing the wax up seems straight forward, my concern is retention and keeping the denture in place.

Any advice or tips to go about doing this? Thanks

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk
Greetings Earthling! Welcome!

If you're doing a full denture, you can do softliner over your natural dentition, or treat it like a night guard with just enough undercut retention to keep it in place, or even just hog out the inside and grab a tube of denture paste if you're worried about gettin' it back out of your mouth if you're too new to this.

You can also just go with an essix style of contraption that has them in the same skin/foil/suckdown as your natural teeth.

Really depends on how wild, how (un)realistic, and how much time, money, and materials you want to put into this.

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
do the essix. then wax it how you want it. invest and do an acetal press or send it to a milling center for them to copy in plastic.