Low fusing porcelain fused to C&B gold

rgkbmk

rgkbmk

Reaction score
Have a client who wants the gold crowns to match the gold occlusals/ceramic facial crown. He uses 75% au for all cases. The issue is my 75% ceramic alloy is lighter then the gold crown alloy. His retired lab did this. Anyone know of the ceramic for this?
Thanks

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
Have a client who wants the gold crowns to match the gold occlusals/ceramic facial crown. He uses 75% au for all cases. The issue is my 75% ceramic alloy is lighter then the gold crown alloy. His retired lab did this. Anyone know of the ceramic for this?
Thanks
Sorry, not understanding.

You say your gold is lighter than what you're trying to match, but ask for porcelain recomendations? Creation on either Classic IV or Endurance was our shtick for yellow gold pfm

As far as matching the old metal, doc should have IdentAlloy stickers from thf old lab,or at least have something in his records to know what it was from doing those teeth unless it is prety old or he forgot he didn't do it.

Last edited:
rgkbmk

rgkbmk

Reaction score
No the other lab only used yellow C&B alloy 75% ( not ceramic alloy)
He was also able to put some low fusing ceramic on this metal to.

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
Does your system match the cte of your metal? From memory 4-ish years ago I think Jensens JC metal would hold porc, I know JC is 75% Au

D

Dentalmike

Reaction score

Taking a guess on which ceramic from your description. Maybe golden gate porcelain from ducera?

G

grantoz

Reaction score
ducera golden gate was the one that was used for this type of vmk they just used the same alloy for the both fgc and vmks from degussa. It was a nice looking deep gold coloured bonding alloy ,it has to be a bonding gold otherwise porcelain dont stick none.The metal and ducera porelain had a much higher cte so your normal vmk porcelain will crack ,also you could only do small bridges due to warping after firing because it was very soft and heavy. In my part of the world it never really caught on.

A

aqdental

Reaction score
Probably duceragold

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
Have you considered composite?

CatamountRob

CatamountRob

Banned Member
Reaction score
You can get ceramic alloys that are similar in color to crown and bridge alloys but they're going to be higher in gold content. I've used Ivoclar's Brite Gold XH before.

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
You can get ceramic alloys that are similar in color to crown and bridge alloys but they're going to be higher in gold content. I've used Ivoclar's Brite Gold XH before.

Not sure if the photos help, but here is a side by side of Brite Gold XH (88.9% au, 9% pt) next to a 50% crown and bridge gold (50% au 28% ag).

IMG_1208.JPG

IMG_1210.JPG

sndmn2

sndmn2

Reaction score
Used Duceragold for years. Threw a crap load of it out after sitting around for the last 15 years. You can also layer LFC over your High fusing ceramic. But as CatRob said there are other golds you can use.

millennium

millennium

Donator
Reaction score
I have a couple of jars of ducera LFC porcelain. Used it to fill bubbles in pfm glaze bake.

rgkbmk

rgkbmk

Reaction score
Thanks for all the responses. I am going to a higher gold content. I am looking at a 90% with 4 % copper. The only difference between my 75% AU and 90% is about $200. I found type3/4 gold but the CTE is so high 16.5 that ducera kiss and LFC are the only 2 ceramics I see out there and I don't want to have to by another ceramic system let alone something obsolete that no one uses anymore.