Loving Locator attachments/Implants

kcdt

kcdt

Reaction score
How did my Photo get on your IPOD in the first place, have you posted it elsewhere on the net? Also I was not making an example of you, Go back and look at ALL of your posts and tell me if you have contributed anything to this site other than solicitation of work?
My thoughts exactly.

BobCDT

BobCDT

Reaction score
Speaking of the moral debate on treatment modalities and moral finger pointing.
We finished up a case last week with 12 maxillary implants! Yes, we used then all. Made the entire case way more complex than it needed be.

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
Since this is our Thanksgiving Day,

I would like to give thanks for a very entertaining thread .

Hary

Hary

Reaction score
Do you guys all laser weld your locators to your framework or do some of you solder them?

Hi LabGuy, I laser weld all my locators its much easier than soldering, you might loose the efficiency of the locator by soldering.

JohnWilson

JohnWilson

Reaction score
Hi LabGuy, I laser weld all my locators its much easier than soldering, you might loose the efficiency of the locator by soldering.

Just make sure you guys are use the correct parts when laser welding. There are separate varieties for the cast to and the laser-welded version. I prefer to use the cast to variety but like others have mentioned the retentive element often times does not leave enough room down the canal.

droberts

droberts

Reaction score
Just make sure you guys are use the correct parts when laser welding. There are separate varieties for the cast to and the laser-welded version. I prefer to use the cast to variety but like others have mentioned the retentive element often times does not leave enough room down the canal.

Correct John. The ones in my photo above were Ti, due to I had scan and design them using Nobel Ti copings. Interesting as we are on this topic.
Have a case now that I will be laser welding Locators to healing abutments due to VDO and the implant manufacture, and last but least. The doctor made
a huge mistake. There is not a Locator abutment for a 3.0 Astra...

TheLabGuy

TheLabGuy

Just a Member
Reaction score
How do you laser weld a locator to a healing abutment?...I ask because when I think of healing abutments, they usually have the implant driver access centered on the healing abutment, you welding it in the mouth after the healing abutment is already in place...lol

JohnWilson

JohnWilson

Reaction score
Correct John. The ones in my photo above were Ti, due to I had scan and design them using Nobel Ti copings. Interesting as we are on this topic.
Have a case now that I will be laser welding Locators to healing abutments due to VDO and the implant manufacture, and last but least. The doctor made
a huge mistake. There is not a Locator abutment for a 3.0 Astra...

That fixture is contra indicated to have a locator on it Danny better make sure the GP is well aware of it. I had a 3.0 Nobel CC come in and the Dr wanted to do the same thing and I refused.

I like all techs at one time or another bend or flat out break the rules, documenting it and getting the client to make reference of their specific requests in writing is the only way I will even consider it. Most times now I just use the word no as I just do not need that kind of stress anymore.

JohnWilson

JohnWilson

Reaction score
How do you laser weld a locator to a healing abutment?...I ask because when I think of healing abutments, they usually have the implant driver access centered on the healing abutment, you welding it in the mouth after the healing abutment is already in place...lol

Hi Rob

Most if not all healing abutments are non eng and have the screw as one piece to the abutment. When you weld a locator to the top of one you now will use the Locator driver (triangle driver) to torque it in and not the manufacturer's driver.

droberts

droberts

Reaction score
That fixture is contra indicated to have a locator on it Danny better make sure the GP is well aware of it. I had a 3.0 Nobel CC come in and the Dr wanted to do the same thing and I refused.

I like all techs at one time or another bend or flat out break the rules, documenting it and getting the client to make reference of their specific requests in writing is the only way I will even consider it. Most times now I just use the word no as I just do not need that kind of stress anymore.

John, as we spoke on the phone earlier. I was not only ask by the doc to do this, but also the Astra rep. Only time will tell...

L

Letizia

Reaction score
Hi I have a case I'm working on with a maxillary full denture with 4 locators two of which are divergent!!yaikes!!!! the dr decided to bring in his own male kits and they are the extended male kits!!! what do I do with that!!! please advise. Thanks

AJEL

AJEL

Reaction score
The divergent will cause all the nylon inserts to fold over, so either start with non button locators or ask him to change it to the ERA with the adjustable angled platform (two piece angled abutment) page 4 item 2. Angle correction page 8. the micros are also much smaller and .5mm shorter easier to hide in the denture.