Lot of Bubbles in Dentures

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply KCDT and sorry for my misleading response, Im an acrylic newb.. Adore

C

cdtwade

Reaction score
Add a final thin coat of separator prior to final closure.

lcmlabforum

lcmlabforum

Reaction score
Only on stone and in CD situation. If you have a metal partial, and have resin on different half of cope and drag, will
have to be extra careful nothing separates 2 halves of the packing, just to make sure newbie knows the difference . . .
LCM

C

cdtwade

Reaction score
Cope and drag? He said dentures, not partial dentures.

Chalky

Chalky

Reaction score
make sure that your flask is kept under pressure after pressing (placed in a spring loaded clamp)... is there a possible loss of flask pressure creating porosity?

JKraver

JKraver

Reaction score
My problem was insufficient acrylic, It lead to a ton of bubbles and headaches, now I make sure to put enough acrylic in there. The monomer will have a boiling temp, do not exceed that boiling temp and you should be fine for the monomer boiling. If you pack with warm flasks the temperature shock shouldn't be an issue. I take the flasks out rinse the wax, apply alcote, let alcote dry, drill holes, blow out, apply monomer to backs of teeth, mix acrylic, pack all in about 10-15min. The flasks stay pretty warm the whole time. Once the acrylic is set you can increase to boiling to get the excess monomer out. I use Lucitone 199 (I know) its 1.5hrs then bring it to boiling for 30min.

Does anyone know where to find trial pack sheets not be the thousand? Like only 50-200 at a time. I have a small lab and don't do that many cases. Probably only 100 a year if that.

D

dborla01

Reaction score
Hi folks...my first post, technically. I usually use HC acrylic, trial pack at least twice...split trial pack on the lowers ( to avoid porosity),place in a Hanau 2010 unit from cold for one hour, ramp up to 167 for 9 hrs., bring to boil for 45 minutes...cool slowly and I get predictable results.
I have also used 20 minute acrylic, but let the packed flasks bench cure for an hour, then into cold water and brought to boil and boil for 30 minutes...cool by fan and achieve good results. Darrell

I

Ionelia

Reaction score
Hey guys recently I start working as Dental technician and making dentures. I have made many dentures in the past using spofa heat cure acrylic (45 min full polymerization) and recently I bought Hereus Kulzer acrylic (45 min polymerization) and all the time when I flask with that acrylic the final work have bubbles traped inside the dentures. Any possible causes?

I read the manual and do it everything as it says, put powder with liquid in a plastic cup, close it to avoid air pass through, whait 6 min to be a dough and play with it for at least 1 min. Also I dry my flasks before put the acrylic and press it.

Please any advise is welcome... :)

Thanks and sorry if my english is bad
hi, I was looking for a similar problem with my dentures, and I found the answer in this article. it says you've added too much monomer to the mixture, or you started curing the product directly in hot water.
enjoy!

M

MasterCeramist

Reaction score
Insufficient acrylic when packing or too hot too fast. Start off in lower temp water.

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
and make sure you are not using cold cure monomer.

that one took a buddy a few months to track down.

ALWAYS LABEL any bench use bottles very very well.

JKraver

JKraver

Reaction score
and make sure you are not using cold cure monomer.

that one took a buddy a few months to track down.

ALWAYS LABEL any bench use bottles very very well.
Nice tip, in a pinch I used cold cure in my ivobase, it was a disaster of porosity. Full rebase required.

W

Wechez

Reaction score
Packing at early dough stage. Or the mixture ratio of monomer is higher than the polymer. Try to pack at late dough stage.

Top Bottom