Lost account to Cerec

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
nonono, the doors to the cerec booth are now open.

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
I know it will cost me somehow somewhere.
open doesn't mean free,that's for sure.
it's easier to get stds than stls.:oops:

Monkey w/ a tourch

Monkey w/ a tourch

Reaction score
Complete with ominous music and everything

Patrick Coon

Patrick Coon

Reaction score
Complete with ominous music and everything

Don't be scared of this machine, it is a great companion for a lab as well. Nice thing is, it is small (think Keruig coffee maker),it will mill glass ceramics in ~15 minutes, and is fully self-contained.

I did some calculations earlier, it will mill about 33 e.max restorations a day (3.5 per hour x 8 hours) plus 5 in the changer when you leave for the day. If a lab ran it 5 days a week at this capacity for 51 weeks per year (take Christmas week off) at an average of $150 per unit that would be $1,262,250 per year generated by this one mill. For a small lab (2-4 techs) this would be an easy addition to the lab. And because you could then buy your e.max direct from Ivoclar, instead of through a dealer (Patterson or Schein),you could get your block cost down to less than $20 each your block costs would be only $168,300, leaving $1,093,950. Of course there would be other costs associated, but this could be very good for a small lab. It would also leave a larger mill utilizing disks free to mill zirconia or PMMA, instead of swapping back and forth.

2thm8kr

2thm8kr

Beanosavedmysociallife
Reaction score
Don't be scared of this machine, it is a great companion for a lab as well. Nice thing is, it is small (think Keruig coffee maker),it will mill glass ceramics in ~15 minutes, and is fully self-contained.

I did some calculations earlier, it will mill about 33 e.max restorations a day (3.5 per hour x 8 hours) plus 5 in the changer when you leave for the day. If a lab ran it 5 days a week at this capacity for 51 weeks per year (take Christmas week off) at an average of $150 per unit that would be $1,262,250 per year generated by this one mill. For a small lab (2-4 techs) this would be an easy addition to the lab. And because you could then buy your e.max direct from Ivoclar, instead of through a dealer (Patterson or Schein),you could get your block cost down to less than $20 each your block costs would be only $168,300, leaving $1,093,950. Of course there would be other costs associated, but this could be very good for a small lab. It would also leave a larger mill utilizing disks free to mill zirconia or PMMA, instead of swapping back and forth.
What is Ivoclar listing it at retail for?

Patrick Coon

Patrick Coon

Reaction score
What is Ivoclar listing it at retail for?

I haven't seen the retail on it yet. we have been told it will be competitively priced compared with other mills. Of course we will have to see what that actually means. I can pass that info along to anyone that is interested, once I see it.

didnt you read what Pat wrote? the machine costs $1,093,950

plus shipping and tax.

Sorry that wasn't clear enough for you CHL. ;)

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
it was a subtle jab at ivoclar's ability to not make anything cheap. especially if they knew how much money you would make off it.

Patrick Coon

Patrick Coon

Reaction score
it was a subtle jab at ivoclar's ability to not make anything cheap. especially if they knew how much money you would make off it.

Oh, I know and understand. We can be very proud of or equipment and materials. But, just like a lab we do need a good ROI for the research and development that goes into these. Along with building and fitting the places that these get manufactured.

RileyS

RileyS

Reaction score
So Is Ivoclar also releasing a helpful "So your material and equipment suppliers keeps making it harder for you to be the middle guy who needs to be cut out of the way so they can sell direct to your clients and now you need a new profession cause it's not like you were considered a skilled profession in the first place" pamphlet?

2thm8kr

2thm8kr

Beanosavedmysociallife
Reaction score
Oh, I know and understand. We can be very proud of or equipment and materials. But, just like a lab we do need a good ROI for the research and development that goes into these. Along with building and fitting the places that these get manufactured.
So Ivoclar is building this mill rather than have in manufactured and rebranded?

cadfan

cadfan

Reaction score
Hi Patrick have seen you have now real mills not longer the girls stuff !!?? Wonder why Jensen didnt use their old contacts for ...

Last edited:
rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
Girls stuff? Oh please explain :pop: