Lost account to Cerec

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
now we wait 6 months while Jurim replies.

Jo Chen

Jo Chen

Reaction score
$15-$20 is a big loss that hurts. Stop chasing Cerec Drs. Abandon them and refuse any work from them.

J

Jurim

Reaction score
I thought it was obvious, I got it (free actually on sirona's error) and inLab will not let you export anything sent via cerec connect, only from a sirona scanner that is on the same dongle.

DrNK

DrNK

Reaction score
We can get STL from your Omnicam/Bluecam file .rst (not .lab)

J

Jurim

Reaction score
STL of what, the restoration or model?
I know there are several third programs that convert, which is your method?

J

Jurim

Reaction score
Hey doc,
Can you share with me what you use to convert a .rst I know in the past I could only convert a .cdt file.

How do I PM someone?

Alan

RileyS

RileyS

Reaction score
So found out last night on facebook that an account got a cerec this week. Lame, yes.
SO I was going to go and say he could still send me his cerec connect through my milling center, Core3d. But just got off the phone with them and they can accept file, print model and send it back to me and I can scan the model. I asked if they would send me the converted file to design on 3shape so crown would be done when model got back but that would require me to buy the $8-9,000 module to accept a cerec STL. file!! Seriously 3shape!! I realize you want all docs to buy the trios but why the hell not open that puppy up so your 3shape using labs can take a chunk of the craplab cer-wreck business?!? I have 3 close docs that would totally send me there files this way but I can't design from their scan, I'd have to wait for the model to be printed and shipped to me.
Feeling cloudy.
So does anyone have a game plan that allows them to quickly design with 3shape when a cerec connect file is given to them? Without the $8-9000 module?
And what about exocad stuff? Will that allow you to design those files?

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
module? afaik that is a dongle you buy from patterson (which they do not sell in the USA to anyone). not something you buy from 3shape.

but when it comes to cerec i don't have a great track record of being right.

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
So found out last night on facebook that an account got a cerec this week. Lame, yes.
SO I was going to go and say he could still send me his cerec connect through my milling center, Core3d. But just got off the phone with them and they can accept file, print model and send it back to me and I can scan the model. I asked if they would send me the converted file to design on 3shape so crown would be done when model got back but that would require me to buy the $8-9,000 module to accept a cerec STL. file!! Seriously 3shape!! I realize you want all docs to buy the trios but why the hell not open that puppy up so your 3shape using labs can take a chunk of the craplab cer-wreck business?!? I have 3 close docs that would totally send me there files this way but I can't design from their scan, I'd have to wait for the model to be printed and shipped to me.
Feeling cloudy.
So does anyone have a game plan that allows them to quickly design with 3shape when a cerec connect file is given to them? Without the $8-9000 module?
And what about exocad stuff? Will that allow you to design those files?

Why not let Core 3D do as much as possible( ie design) and send to you for finishing?

RileyS

RileyS

Reaction score
Why not let Core 3D do as much as possible( ie design) and send to you for finishing?
I could, but I'd think I'd just be getting anterior cases and bridges. Don't know that I trust there design skills for anteriors. I don't want to spend time adjusting. I'm kinda picky...you know "your way is good but it's not my way." Trying to ditch that mentality.
Plus I want to be able to mill wax and press or mill zr so it's ready as soon as the model comes in. trying to keep turn around fast.

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
Sorry to be blunt but you may not get anything from Darth Cerec now that he's joined the dark side.

By working with Core on this you can make the transition and maintain some of his connection with you.
Core can send you verification pics of the designs and at least you won't have to spend big bucks to chase a case.

If it works out you can then pursue other Cereckers with the same workflow.

Take the 8 K you just saved and go put it towards that friggin Trios like I told you to.!Stupido2

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
I feel for you man. been there ,lost that.

RileyS

RileyS

Reaction score
Take the 8 K you just saved and go put it towards that friggin Trios like I told you to.!Stupido2

Working on the trios as of yesterday morning.
I've been ridiculously busy.

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
So I hear it's open now.

cadfan

cadfan

Reaction score
Maybe fear in front of the copy guys !!

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
cerec is open what ever that meansDontknow

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
cerec is open what ever that meansDontknow
arguably it has been since v15 software when they gave the ability to export scans and retorations as stl, for just the price of the software. no addon modules.

so i dont know what you mean either, because that was early 2015.

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
arguably it has been since v15 software when they gave the ability to export scans and retorations as stl, for just the price of the software. no addon modules.

so i dont know what you mean either, because that was early 2015.
I'm hearing voices on FB today. It could be the shroomsVollkommenauf