Looking for the best translucent pre-shaded puck

S

sensei

Reaction score
I am looking for opinions on the easiest to use, translucent, pre-shaded zirconia. We currently use Nexzir for posteriors and it is decent. It is not especially esthetic.

We have tried a puck of Katana, but I am wondering if there are better materials out there. Lava esthetic, Jensen's Imagine, Chang's? What are you using?

I am looking for as close as I can get to design and mill, sinter, simple glaze, deliver.

rc75

rc75

Sponsors
Reaction score
Here at TD Dental Supply we sell a lot of pre-shaded zirconia discs. Our 12mm disc start off at $90.
Contact me if your interested. (877) 358-5833 - Ron -

eyeloveteeth

eyeloveteeth

Reaction score
i would honestly buy some different ones from TD Dental and see what you like. Just like the good ol' KB, you gotta figure out what type you like or else you'll never appreciate the different between Blue Dream and Hindu Kush

TheLabGuy

TheLabGuy

Just a Member
Reaction score
Agreed. Just looking for the opinion of some experienced beholders as a starting point.
Well played :)

Some of the cubic Zirconia is nice, not as strong as traditional zirconium. The monolithic anterior zirconium is pretty translucent and does look nice, but tough to put any internal stains in that stuff. Therefore, micro layering traditional layering with a zirconia ceramic seems to give us the control we need and make us stand out from all those cookie cutters out there. However, I haven't personally played with Katana or Lava Esthetic, maybe some day but I'm sure one of these hard chargers will post some compare/contrast photo's of the same crown in various materials soon...hint, hint.

rc75

rc75

Sponsors
Reaction score

Some of the cubic Zirconia is nice, not as strong as traditional zirconium. The monolithic anterior zirconium is pretty translucent and does look nice, but tough to put any internal stains in that stuff. Therefore, micro layering traditional layering with a zirconia ceramic seems to give us the control we need and make us stand out from all those cookie cutters out there. However, I haven't personally played with Katana or Lava Esthetic, maybe some day but I'm sure one of these hard chargers will post some compare/contrast photo's of the same crown in various materials soon...hint, hint.

We also offer Anterior Multi-Layer shaded to make life easy with those anteriors @TheLabGuy

K

KIM

Reaction score

Jensen is in the final stages of getting our Imagine Multilayered ready for sale. We've compared it to most all of the ML ZR's on the market and are very excited about the results. Should start seeing it in the next 30 days......

eyeloveteeth

eyeloveteeth

Reaction score
because there are so many options out there I highly suggest investing in lets say trying to replicate a good B1 across all the pucks for comparison. Just like it was important to figure out the right sable brush for yourself, the right zirconia for the right lab is also important

TheLabGuy

TheLabGuy

Just a Member
Reaction score
a little sidetrack...Who here still prefers brushing stain or dipping liquids versus the pre-shaded pucks?

eyeloveteeth

eyeloveteeth

Reaction score
we use the stains on top of pre-shaded pucks.

THERE IS NO PUCK ON THE MARKET THAT IS A TRUE VITA shade - because it's just being dipped elsewhere.

ON top of that, when do we ever get a crown that's a straight D2? lol

deadhead

deadhead

Reaction score
DOCERAM by Nacera makes a great pre-shaded puck. been using for a little while now, and results are very close to vita guide right from sinter. ceramist just has to add small amount of stain then glaze and out the door. They also make a great pure translucent puck that accepts different brands of pre-sinter stains. We have used Zenostar liquids and the AG liquids and both have good results

jodie

jodie

Reaction score
Love Chang for bi's and all anteriors, you do have to stain in the green state and zirlux 16 for posterior and bridge work. Zirlux is preshaded and a workhorse. Both have high mega paxel strength, which is important for us. And the shades are so doable! For now it is a great work flow, but so excited for all the new zirconia products coming on line, I will hopefully have new choices made in the near future!

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

sidesh0wb0b

sidesh0wb0b

Donator
Reaction score
i would honestly buy some different ones from TD Dental and see what you like. Just like the good ol' KB, you gotta figure out what type you like or else you'll never appreciate the different between Blue Dream and Hindu Kush
im a bubble berry fan myself.

Polarmolar

Polarmolar

Reaction score
I use the Vita YZ 1M2 2M2 3M2 l have also used my easy shade and they do register as the proper colour which blows my mind.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk